BnB hiring Quality Assurance Analyst.
We are a SaaS Fintech company on a mission to accelerate the digitization of the financial industry in Africa and empower the unbanked. Our vision is to be the #1 fintech company in every market where we operate in Africa, as we strive to empower the unbanked and drive a new era of a cashless Africa. We enable remittances to be transferred instantly into mobile wallets and bank accounts. Some of our strategic partners include remittance companies (e.g., MoneyGram, Ria, etc.), mobile wallet operators (Orange, MTN, Afrimoney, etc.), and banks (UBA, Ecobank, etc.).
We are seeking a hardworking and tech-savvy Quality assurance (QA) tester to join our versatile in-house technical team. You will collaborate with software developers and project supports to determine the project scope and requirements. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing quality work output, screening for errors, and refining usability throughout the software development and implementation process. We need organized, perceptive testers who can find bugs and help us strive for excellence. If you love challenges, and continuous learning, there could be a spot for you on our team.
The main responsibilities are listed below:
- Develop testing programs for regression testing, negative testing, bugs, and usability
- Conduct compatibility tests within software architecture, hardware, multiple operating systems, and network environments
- Ensure offerings are entirely functional and provide quality assurance for software products
- Establish and implement rigorous reporting and automated monitoring/testing systems to help with problem-solving of various tasks that work towards a development process
- Advise best practices and optimizations throughout testing and bug-fixing processes
- Collaborate with the technical support team to develop test plans and new approaches for seeking out bugs and exploits in end-user-facing applications
- Establish creative direction for the company within brand guidelines
- Manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Work with developers to run tests in production environments after deployment to ensure quality
- Conduct and/or participate in formal and informal reviews throughout the development life cycle
- Strive to automate and maintain comprehensive test documentation with a continuous improvement mindset
- Detect, logs, and reports program bugs and glitches
- Track defects and helps troubleshoot errors
- Review test procedures and develop test scripts
- Partner with engineers to drive QA efforts
If you like to work in a fast-paced environment, is eager to be part of a team who consistently builds innovative products that make the lives of people easier, and qualify for the following requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Minimum of 5 years of QA testing experience and knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- High attention to detail and solid analytical skills
- Proficient in test management software
- Written test plans and test cases
Nice to have
- Startup experience – there are many different types of dynamic and fast-paced environments, but we think the startup experience is unique. You thrive in this environment and have experience balancing multiple, sometimes competing priorities
- Passionate about innovation and the Fintech industry
- Bilingual (English, French)
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 11 August 2022.