The IRC is hiring a Recruiter.
The Recruiter, Global Roster will focus on building a pipeline and recruiting for the Global Surge Team (GST) which includes the coordination of all operational aspects of the global recruitment process. Responsibilities will include sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking and final negotiations for positions on the emergency surge roster. All work will be accomplished in a spirit of partnership and service with the hiring managers. We are looking for someone who understands and practices industry standards and a person who is always looking for new and creative ways to recruit, source and build long lasting relationships. Our goal is to ensure the timely selection of top talent, who will support IRC’s organizational culture, while contributing to IRC’s positive reputation.
The position will be for a 12 months contract renewable and can be based in any IRC registered country offices.
Purpose of the Global Surge Team (GST)
The purpose of the GST is to provide short-term, full-time support to IRC offices in emergency and non-emergency setting for a period of up to three (3) months which may be extended depending on operational needs. Placement on the GST entails screening and vetting candidates on a roster, who can then be deployed immediately upon request. This is a new vision for the GST and the recruiter will push to build, innovate and reimagine the types of roles on the roster. The roster recruiter will recruit various type of profiles to be placed on the Global Surge Team. GST staff will be expected to be available to deploy at least 50% of the fiscal year.
- Source highly qualified candidates for positions through networking and use of different search techniques.
- Find a diverse set of potential candidates who meet the qualifications/requirements of the positions within agreed timeline.
- Conduct in person or virtual full screening interviews with potential candidates.
- Manage Global Surge Team Roster, work with GST to develop screening technical questions, recommend shortlisted candidates, advise managers on assessment tools, ensure the finalization of pre-deployment formalities and roster management activities, in compliance with the emergency unit standards.
- Drive frequent communication with the CRRD (Crisis Response Recovery & Development) Leadership team to discuss considered candidates and to keep them informed on next steps
- Arrange interviews with subsequent interviewers in our assessment process.
- Conduct reference checks using SkillSurvey during the assessment process.
- Maintain accurate candidate records in our ATS, Cornerstone.
- With the approval of IRC CRRD Hiring Managers and HR Lead, negotiate offer with candidates and set pre-deployment expectations with candidates
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years recruitment experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment with demanding priorities.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), job boards and social media tools and strategies to attract talent.
- Proven experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in HR operations in emergency situations, along with roster management would be a plus
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required.
- Experience with an international development, humanitarian or non profit organization is a plus.
- Language Skills: Strong verbal and written English; Strong proficiency in Spanish or French a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Closing date : 21 May 2022.