Dangote recruits a Regional Finance Manager, West & Central Africa.
- Oversee DCP’s budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting.
- Ensure accuracy of financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of the department’s operational strategy, work plans, programs, systems, controls, policies, and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with DCP overall objectives.
- Provide input to the development of DCP Nigeria’s budgeting guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and alignment with local operating regulations and requirements.
- Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units are in
compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decision making process.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Support the analysis and evaluation of projects, initiatives and business plans across DCP to provide information for management decision making.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with DCP accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of DCP financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
- Define and document DCP’s credit guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and ensure adequate monitoring and management of DCP credit exposure.
- Ensure effective utilisation of DCP financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Regularly update DCP’s accounting policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in macroeconomic policies and advice the Regional CFO Pan Africa on the implications for the business.
Coordinate the preparation of departmental budget and approve departmental expenditure in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the Regional CFO Pan Africa on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional CFO Pan Africa.
- Provide broad guidelines for the management of the Region’s fixed assets from an accounting perspective, ensuring that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any other related discipline.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant – also French Expert-Comptable.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and all policies and the bridge to SYSCOHADA.
- Working knowledge of SAP and SAGE/SAARI.
- Good tax knowledge in Francophone countries, covering the basic taxes VAT, CT, WHT, etc.
- Good audit skills and having worked at a Managerial level in a « Big 4 » auditing firm.
- Fluent English/French – being able to communicate with local Agencies/Government in French, and yet able to communicate in English with Lagos HQ and local management clearly and concisely.
- Leading self – must be able to work also alone at times when the Regional CFO travels, in meetings, etc.
- Leading others – must be able to lead the FSSC (Francophone Shared Service Centre) in Dakar, which keeps the accounts and manages the statutory auditors and tax compliancy for over 12 subsidiaries.
- Leading the organization – must be able to lead CFO’s by being an example, training and supporting the CFO’s and subsidiaries.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Closing date : 17 September 2021.