AZA is hiring a Regional Head of Sales Francophone Africa.
AZA is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, Our unique products offerings are able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. Our B2B2C product, provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API. Our B2B over-the-counter platform for businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA is a market-maker in every major African currency. Launched in Nairobi, AZA now has offices in Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, and Dakar.
The Regional Sales Lead – Francophone Africa is responsible for managing and expanding AZA’s sales operations, and revenue generating processes and execution across the Francophone African markets. This includes scaling the business across our various products which serve our diverse customer segment needs which includes but is not limited to the Payout API for Money Transfer Companies and the B2B cross-border payments services.
The ideal candidate must bring a sound understanding of and previous experience with global treasury management, FX rates, and currency risk management tools. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level. We’re looking for a leader who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with executives as well as analysing sales metrics.
This role is open to candidates in Dakar with good written and verbal skills in English and French. The ideal candidate should be willing to be based in Dakar and willing to travel within the Francophone Africa Area.
How your skills and passion will come to life at AZA:
- Lead sales efforts to maintain and scale revenue with a customer-centric approach by developing and executing a detailed regional sales strategy that ensures scalable growth of a diverse and sustainable portfolio of clients with steady revenue flows.
- Focus efforts to generate scalable, repeatable and predictable volume, revenue and net profit.
- Align and optimise the entire customer experience with the aim of increasing revenue.
- Work across both new and established markets to build AZA’s presence/brand in Francophone Africa by acting as a liaison between the regional Francophone Africa team and the Head of Global Sales, communicating high-level updates on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the Sales team focuses on the sustainable acquisition of clients (MTOs, financial institutions, mid-large corporates, SMEs, BDCs, cryptocurrency traders) who trade large volumes at target margins.
- Ensure that the total client portfolio grows while being diversified, stable and profitable.
- Reduce key-man risk and ensure that the Francophone African team builds robust skills and are properly trained and advancing in their knowledge and autonomy.
- Ensure there is a team approach to winning and growing our portfolio of clients with a focus on our pooling business model.
- Team leadership: Recruit, train, and retain effective, talented Sales Managers who can build their own teams.
- Team collaboration: Regularly collaborate with internal stakeholders such as marketing, strategic partnerships, revenue operations, product, compliance, finance, and treasury to optimise the customer experience and align on the revenue growth strategy.
- Reporting: Analyse and present data to key internal stakeholders in order to inform impactful business decisions and help adapt tactics that drive profitable growth within the region.
- Forecasting: Maintain an updated sales pipeline and ensure proper sales planning and forecasting.
Your skills and competencies:
- Team leadership: Previous experience in managing, mentoring and scaling sales teams in various jurisdictions.
- Collaboration and networking: Access to a large network of local decision-makers within corporates / fintechs / banks.
- Revenue generation: Proven track record of developing and closing complex sales deals by deals generated, qualified and closed with corporate businesses, banks or other financial institutions.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to work at a peer-level with industry executives (especially banks).
- Strategic thinking, and ability to execute, to achieve operational excellence in the face of challenging goals.
- Strong negotiator with proven capacity to close agreements in an optimized sales cycle.
What we are looking for:
- Seasoned professional with at least 10 years of experience in sales in Francophone African markets (ideally in B2B cross-border payments, money transfer, mobile money, treasury management, FX risk management). Preferably someone who has worked as a Regional Sales Lead for 3-5 years in a financial ecosystem or Fintech.
- Bachelor degree in Sales and Marketing or Business Management or Business Administration or any other related course. A masters degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of senior leadership experience.
- Previous experience in successfully scaling a business for payment companies globally is a plus.
- A certification in sales management is an added advantage.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in both English and French (verbal and written).
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
- …… and more!!
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Closing date : 29 July 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter apply.workable.com.