Site SOS Children's Villages International
SOS Children’s Villages International hiring Regional Internal Audit Coordinator.
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for committed Regional Internal Audit Coordinator.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Regional Internal Audit Advisor IOR WCNA (International Office Region, West, Central and North Africa), the Internal Audit Coordinator:
- Participates in the development and update of financial policies and quality standards and implement these policies
- Works on Internal Audit Standards for the federations
- Supports the NAs in the set-up of their internal control system and structures
- Supports the set-up of Risk registers in the NAs
- Supports the set-up of Internal Audit structures in the NAs
- Supports the development of regional Internal Audit plan based on risks assessment in the NAs
- Defines expectations for each audit project including audit objectives, initial planning activities, and scope of the project
- Prepares audit , working papers to document the audit process, tests and results
- Conducts operational and financial audits in the programs/projects of the NAs to assess effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of financial reporting, efficiency of operations, and compliance with policies
- Discusses audit findings and recommendations with line manager and report significant issues to senior management
- Supports the set up risk register in all GSC units
- Builds up finance or audit team capacity in the NAs in the area of internal audit
- Review periodically the implementation of internal audit recommendations of the NAs
- Supports the set-up of internal audit activities in the others NAs
- University degree in accounting, audit, management control or other related field and least three (03) years of professional experience in auditing with first experience in auditing in projects funded by international donors in African countries is considered a benefit
- Ability to give advice and direction at a national/regional level
- Experience in managing teams in a fast-paced and multicultural environment
- Virtual management skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- In-depth knowledge of Excel as well as good knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience in project and process management is an asset
- Ability to work flexibly in virtual settings
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environment
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written) is necessary
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For:
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV including 3 references and cover letter in English by 17th January 2021 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position title must be mentioned in the subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged