ICRC Regional Delegation in Dakar is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated, and qualified person to fill the position of: Regional investigation Officer (Senegalese national Position).
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Regional Investigation Officer 2 is responsible for working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent undertakes investigations of alleged misconduct or violations of ICRC internal policies and procedures, ensuring best practices.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the regional investigation manager or designate, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Plans, organizes, conducts and/or supervises investigations of the most serious and complex cases of corruption and fraud as well as sexual exploitation and abuse. This includes adducing evidence, obtaining and reviewing pertinent documentation, conducting interviews and taking statements, analysing facts and determining findings;
- Undertakes investigations and ensures that inquiries and investigations are coordinated by the Ethic, Risks and Compliance Office;
- Obtains and reviews relevant documentation; conducts interviews and takes statements; analyses facts, determines findings, and formulates recommended disciplinary and jurisdictional actions; gathers and analyses electronic evidence;
- Determines whether matters involve potential fraud, corruption or other illegal or criminal conduct warranting referral to national authorities;
- Prepares complete and concise investigation reports and conducts post-investigation tasks;
- Works collaboratively and in coordination with colleagues to achieve Organizational goals, in accordance with ICRC Code of Conduct Framework and Operational Guidelines and in compliance with other Organizational principles and regulations;
- Performs other preventive compliance activities as required including training;
- Prepares cases for submission to the internal justice system and/or referral to relevant national jurisdictions and supports the case manager in the triage process;
- Manages and handles evidentiary material, including locating and liaising with relevant forensic institutions; cooperates and supports the General Counsel and the Department of Operations;
- Liaises with staff and management both at headquarters and in delegations worldwide to discuss the work of the Ethics, Risk and Compliance Office and provide advice and expertise related to inquiries.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- University Degree in Social sciences, economics or law and/or professional certification from national law enforcement bodies;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Participation in investigation training courses or Certified Fraud Examiner certification is an asset;
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience with investigatory procedures and practice. 1-3 years within international organizations.
- Expertise in investigation techniques, particularly where conduct also may have criminal implications that could result in prosecution before local courts;
- Knowledge of legal, procedural and evidentiary standards;
- Previous experience in investigating internal fraud, sexual harassment, harassment, abuse of authority, and/or sexual exploitation and abuse cases is a strong asset;
- Experience with victim handling and safeguarding activities;
- Knowledge of international investigative and/or administrative tribunal legal, procedural and evidentiary standards;
- MUST be Computer Proficient;
- Excellent drafting and report writing skills
- Fluency in French and English
The interested candidates should submit before 10th July 2022 their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) to ICRC Dakar Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference Regional investigation officer 2 must be stated in the application to be valid.
If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.