Site Save the Children
Save the Children hiring Regional Roving Case Management Specialist.
Given the identified demand to provide more targeted in-country support to ensure quality child protection case management and sustained capacity building, Save the Children is seeking a Regional Roving Case Management Specialist to provide needs based in country and remote child protection case management technical support to child protection coordination groups in Mali, Niger, Mauritania, Burkina Faso and DRC.
This position complements the role of Save the Children’s in country child protection advisor and/or case management specialist and global/Regional Child Protection advisors supporting a country office. Requests for in country support of this position will be coordinated by Save the Children and defined in close collaboration with the in country child protection coordination group.
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced degree in social work or equivalent combination of education and experience related to direct social work practice.
Experience and skills
- A minimum of five years’ professional experience, with a combination of direct service delivery and management of child protection case management programs in humanitarian contexts, in line with inter-agency minimum standards and guidelines; familiarity with broader Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) programming and interventions an asset.
- Proven experience and strong skills on caring for child survivors of SGBV, FTR, alternative care and MHPSS. Experience with children deprived of their liberty and the sustainable reintegration of children who were released from armed forces and groups an asset.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering child protection, child protection case management, supervision and coaching and psychosocial support training targeting a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience in working remotely and in building strong collaborative relationships.
- Proven experience with information management for case management, data collection, monitoring, analysis, and evaluations within CPiE programming.
- Flexibility, diplomacy, leadership, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to work well both alone and in teams, often in very difficult operating contexts.
- Excellent communication skills and written and spoken fluency in English and French.
- Ability to travel and be deployed up to 60% of the time.
- Professional experience in conflict settings.
- Understanding of the Child Protection sector in West and Central Africa.
- Understanding of gender equality and inclusion, displacement and conflict dynamics in West and Central Africa.
- High level of self-awareness and willingness to take feedback for growth and self-development.
Contract length: 02 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter stcuk.taleo.net.