Site International Food Policy Research Institute
The International Food Policy Research Institute hiring Research Analyst.
The Poverty Health and Nutrition Division (PHND) of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks two qualified candidates to serve as Research Analysts I/II. The sucessful candidates will work with a larger team on the Integrated Research on Acute Malnutrition project in Mali and Chad. The project includes impact evaluations involving household survey data collection and analysis; and costs assessments. The Research Analyst may provide support to the portfolio of projects in West and Central African countries. This is a one-year exempt, renewable appointment based in IFPRI’s Regional Office in Dakar, Senegal. The final position title will be based on experience. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Senegal.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organization, cleaning, manipulation and analysis of large household, longitudinal data sets
- Assistance with the development and implementation of quantitative surveys, including questionnaire development, field team training, and development of software applications for recording interview responses on tablet computers
- Overseeing field work in rural areas of Mali and Chad, and other West and Central African countries
- Preparation of tables and graphs for reports
- Participation in analysis of survey data with the research team
- Assistance in the preparation of project deliverables, briefs and papers
- Collaboration and communication with data collection partners
- Assistance in preparing large data sets for public access
- Assistance with responses for internal/external data requests
- The organization and analysis of qualitative data
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant professional experience in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Public Policy, Epidemiology or equivalent
- At the Research Analyst II level, Master’s degree in the above-mentioned fields plus 3 years of relevant post Masters work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large quantitative data sets (data cleaning, management, analysis, etc.)
- Advanced Stata skills, including programming
- Excellent knowledge on quantitative evaluation methods
- Experience working in the field either conducting trainings, overseeing data collection or project implementation
- Ability and willingness to travel in West and Central Africa and internationally as necessary
- Fluency in written and spoken French
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Familiarity with francophone West and Central Africa
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well
- Experience with data entry and CAPI software packages (Surveysolutions, CSPro, SurveyCTO, etc.)
- Experience in survey design and questionnaire design
- Proficiency in spoken Bambara, Arabic, or a local language in Mali or Tchad
- Training and/or experience in methods for designing and conducting causal impact evaluations, including randomized controlled trials (RCT)
- Training and/or experience in qualitative research methods, implementation research methods and/or costing research methods.
- Work experience related to gender, health, diet or nutrition.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.