Site UN Volunteer
UN Volunteer hiring Research and Results Measurement Analyst.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Digital Hub Manager and the global Result Management Analyst, the Research and Results Measurement Analyst will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing results measurement frameworks and learning strategies for UNCDF activities related to energy finance and digital (financial) inclusion in West Africa. Use insights to support overall program development and inform the UNCDF digital strategy and research agenda. (30%).
- Designing, coordinating and supporting quantitative and qualitative research in the field of energy finance and financial inclusion. Survey design and sampling, coordinate launch of surveys and qualitative interviews in close collaboration with survey company. (30%).
- Conducting data analysis to identify program priorities, inform market engagements and capture UNCDF results and impact. Analyse, consolidate and communicate data and insights on financial and energy market supply and demand with focus on sex, youth, and other demographic and geographic disaggregated data analytics. (20%).
- Coordination and knowledge dissemination to private sector (e.g. FSPs, energy companies) and public sector stakeholders (e.g. Central Bank and regulators) in data analytics, usage and monitoring (10%).
- Supporting the development of publications on digital finance and economies, energy finance including working paper, blog, and donor reporting. Support in content development for knowledge products including working papers, dashboard, blogs, website materials, presentations etc. Review and edit, working papers, research and communications materials (10%)
Eligibility criteria: Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, public/business administration, social sciences, environmental studies, technology or related discipline is mandatory
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years of work experience in designing and implementing results measurement systems;
- At least 2 years of work experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research in the context of inclusive development;
- Demonstrated experience in financial inclusion and/or the energy sector;
- Demonstrated experience in using computer and software packages such as Stata, RStudio, Power BI, Tableau, Nvivo, and (advanced) Excel;
- Experience in West Africa is preferable but not mandatory.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Macroeconomics and public finance, Energy and environmental economics, carbon market mechanisms, Other information and telecommunications technology experience
Area of expertise details: Economics, public/business administration, social sciences, environmental studies, technology or related discipline
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Application Deadline: 28 September 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.unv.org.