Site US Embassy Dakar
The US Embassy Dakar hiring Residential Security Technician.
Salary: 10,676,415 FCFA/year
Provide technical security to over 140 U.S. Mission residences in Dakar, Senegal and Bissau, Guinea-Bissau. Assist with physical and technical security equipment installation, removal, maintenance, troubleshooting, and guidance. Update information in the residential security database and assist Residential Security Coordinator (RSC) with quarterly inventories. Report to the Regional Security Officer (RSO) or designated representative.
- Experience: Two years of progressively responsible experience as an electrician or three years progressively responsible experience as an alarm technician is required.
- Education Requirements: Completion of high school is required.
- Language: Level III in English and Wolof (spoken/written) required. Level IV French is required.
- Skills and abilities: Experience with electronics, locks and lighting systems is required. Dependability and trustworthiness are essential. Must be able to make independent judgments on institutional capabilities and the adequacy of security systems and controls. Must be able to collect and present facts and recommendations in a clear, concise manner. The incumbent must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact post personnel, dependents and others as required in support of the residential security program. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Access.
- Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Application deadline: 21 October 2020.