UNDP hiring Sahel Programme Manager.
Summary of Key Functions
- Ensure implementation of regional component.
- Ensure effective implementation of all activities and quick and efficient response to challenges.
- Provide policy, strategic and technical guidance for programmes implementation.
- Provide guidance on programme planning and implementation.
- Monitor and analyze the project environment and progress, using applicable monitoring and evaluation and risk management tools and advise on timely adjustments and corrective measures as necessary.
- Develop a project management, performance and monitoring system.
- Conduct Financial and Enterprise risk management (e.g. ATLAS) data analysis for fiduciary management.
- Lead the project Implementation team
Policy advice, strategic technical guidance and managerial leadership
- Provide advice and technical guidance on implementation and delivery of all Sahel project portfolio under management of the Sahel unit.
- Assess program impact and oversee the appropriateness and accuracy of methods used to verify progress and results.
- Advise Regional Hub Manager and implementing partners including national government officials on the direction, strategies and technical issues associated with programme implementation requiring urgent attention.
Implementation of Support to Country Offices
- Provide coordination leadership to ensure that overall actions regarding the needs of the projects are taken in a timely manner.
- Provide direction and guidance to project team(s)/responsible parties.
- Liaise with the project board / project assurance to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project and Organizes meetings of the Project Assurance and the Project Board.
- Monitor the timely response of the several Country Offices and follow up when delays are detected.
- Responsible for horizontal sharing of good practices between the COs to increase the efficient implementation of the project.
- Advises the Country Offices on the application of the rules and regulations for the implementation of the project.
- Advises the Country Offices on procurement issues ensuring transparency, accuracy and cost-effectiveness. Actively supports knowledge building, sharing and applying in the project.
- Responsible for the full compliance of all portfolio of projects with UN/UNDP rules and regulations and policies on financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations.
- Responsible for donor reporting and any other reporting.
- Ensures that all monthly, quarterly reports from the entire COs are consolidated.
- Responsible for financial management of project
- Submits monthly financial reports to the board.
Knowledge Management and Communication:
- Lead and facilitate production of knowledge products in the relevant subject matters;
- Coordinate design and implementation of communication strategies of the Sahel offer in align with UNDP tools and policies;
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to the Sahel offer;
- Ensure that this knowledge is documented and systematized and fed back into project implementation including by contributing to networks both within UNDP and beyond;
- Promote knowledge and experience exchange with regional entities implementing incentives Programmes based on global standards and with institutions participating in the Sahel offer for Public institutions;
- Disseminate project reports and respond to queries from concerned stakeholders; and sharing of experiences and lessons learned with relevant projects.
Partnerships and Resource Mobilization:
- In the context of UNDP as the SDG integrator role, support the development of strategic partnership and alliances with other UN Agencies, regional partners, academic and CSO’s organizations at HQ level;
- Contribute to the negotiations in establishing such partnerships, drafting of material to support mobilizing, fostering and strengthening strategic partnerships with regional partners and donors.
- Ensure close co-operation with other UNDP teams in the Dakar Hub, Regional Service Center and Africa Borderlands Center; develop alliances and working partnerships (thematic, advocacy, regional resource facilities, etc.) in support of the implementation of the Sahel portfolio of projects as well as the UNDP’s Enhanced Sahel offer implementation;
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with UNDP’s partners including donors, regional partners (AU, RECs, CSOs) UN Sister Agencies, especially key partners at HQ level as it pertains to the implementation of the UNDP Sahel offer overall.
- Represent the Hub Management as well as participate in relevant meetings (local and international) including the specific regional meetings on the Sahel as per guidance of the Regional Hub Management.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall managerial and programmatic leadership for the successful implementation of the overall portfolio of Sahel projects as well as the UNDP offer for the Sahel. Demonstrates effective results and visibility of successful programmes implementation. Provide accurate analysis and presentation of information to enhance UNDP position as a strong development partner in the Sahel region to the satisfaction of HQ, clients, stakeholders, partners and donors.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree) in Development Studies, Natural Resources Management, Political Science, International Relations, Social Science, Law or related field.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing programmes and projects dealing with one or another aspect of sustainable development;
- Proven record of partnerships, interagency coordination work on related sustainable development issues, required;
- Strong abilities in strategic planning and analysis;
- Proven experience in designing and/or implementing multi stakeholder, inter agency cross border joint programming with humanitarian-development nexus focus, is an asset;
- United Nations experience including field experience, is an asset.
- Proficiency in written and oral English language is required
- Working knowledge of the French language is desirable.
Application deadline: 26/02/2021