Site Save The Children
As a key member of the West and Central Africa regional team, you will take responsibility for developing and leading communication strategies for the Save the Children in West and Central Africa. You will provide oversight of regional communications to better profile Save the Children Program, Campaign efforts and Humanitarian response, such as building the communications capacity in country offices in West and Central Africa.
You will also be responsible to develop, and effectively implement communications strategies for West and Central Africa; to manage communication opportunities in West & Central Africa, with a focus on long-term development and humanitarian contexts; to coordinate communication needs and initiatives in the region with support to advocacy and campaigns in the region; and build the capacity of communication staff in country programs.
What are we looking for?
Save the children is looking for a talented and experience person who has a track record experience in engaging with Staff trough solid internal communication tolls and products, able to develop communications material development (core content and storytelling expertise), but who can also demonstrate a strong understanding of Digital media. As a key member of the West and Central Africa regional team, the jobholder will take responsibility for developing and leading communication strategies for the Save the Children in West and Central Africa. She/ He will provide oversight of regional communications to better profile Save the Children Program, Campaign efforts and Humanitarian response, such as building the communications capacity in country offices in West and Central Africa.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree is desirable in communications, international relations, development, political science, law or relevant field. Bachelor’s degree is essential.
- Experience managing a communications team, including: oversight of strategic development; development of quality written, photographic and video material; quality editing skills for internal and external audiences; strong understanding of marketing and branding and its role in communications; ability to maximise media opportunities and respond effectively to media inquiries
- Proven track record of communications work and development of strategies, with experience to influence policy communications, and a strong understanding of the United Nations and multi-lateral systems.
- Experience working to build capacity in communications; demonstrated ability to deliver workshops, provide coaching and mentoring, and support the professional development of others
- Experience in working in both humanitarian and development contexts, including some of Save the Children’s priority areas – children in humanitarian settings, child protection, child rights, education, health and nutrition, food security and livelihoods
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to analyse complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to distil large amounts of information to a variety of audiences
- Strong experience of best use of social media
- A proven ability to build networks with diverse partners in pursuit of common goals
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- An ability to work flexibly in a team, and to adjust work plan and priorities rapidly in response to external opportunities
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a diverse, international environment, including experience of working in developing countries
- Ability to travel internationally
- Fluency in English and French is essential
- A commitment to the Save the Children Values
Contract length: Open Ended NATIONAL CONTRACT
About the Organization
Save the Children employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
More information Regional Communication Manager.doc
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.
Pour postuler à cette offre, merci de cliquer sur le lien suivant : senegal.savethechildren.net.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com