Site Save the Children
Save the Children is hiring a Financial Control and Compliance Manager
The Financial Control and Compliance Manager provides financial leadership and expertise in financial accounting, compliance and controls to country finance teams, working closely with senior finance staff to ensure timely, quality completion of all accounting processes and control/compliance reviews and providing analysis and decision support to Country Finance Directors and Regional Senior Leadership Team.
- Senior Accounting Officer
- Partner accountants (In charge of the implementing partner accounting, control, compliance and capacity building)
Key areas and accountabilities
- Custodian of and expert in all SCI financial accounting and financial control policies, procedures and processes. Perform the monthly and quarterly financials, reviews and assessments based on agreed finance reports and KPIs.
- Perform quality reviews and analysis of periodic financial returns as well as the relevant finance KPIs as agreed with the Country Finance Director.
- Provide feedback and technical support to the team, to improve effectiveness in financial controllership. Comprehensive financial reports and reviews will include performance analysis in the following areas: balance sheet, income statement, cash, adequacy of adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and SCI’s financial procedures etc. Ensure country offices address the issues in a timely manner.
- Oversight of sub offices and partner organizations ensuring compliance with local laws, regulations, SCI/donor policies and procedures.
- Manage and consolidate the Country finance data.
- Based on comprehensive analysis and knowledge of countries, contribute in prioritising and flagging high and medium risks backed by financial and narrative commentaries.
- Continuously seek to improve the quality and impact of management financial information for decision support. Provide relevant and timely information to management in the CO and RO.
- Produce organisational required monthly financial summary exception reports with insightful commentaries for country and regional management. Biannual country office and regional office finance and control committee preparation and follow-up.
- Assist with daily operations including treasury management, cash transfers approval, intra-country billings etc. Trouble shooting in finance and accounting – assist the COs to fix specific problems that they cannot solve on their own and /or source technical assistance to assist the finance team and the partners.
- Capacitate both CO finance and partner organizations teams to ensure quality and timely reporting on controls/compliance. Provide orientation for new finance staff SCI Policies.
- Ensure all finance staff have updated copies of the SCI policy and procedures and help to develop and improve local policies and procedures that are realistic and conform to general principles.
- Provide policy clarifications and assistance to the country team as new policies get rolled out.
- Year-end and audit preparation/coordination.
- Technical leadership for the country team in preparing for internal and external audits and in responding to audit issues and follow up with the implementation of the audit recommendations.
- Carry out regular support visits to sub offices and partner organizations – to be combined with other functions as required. Conduct detailed control checks in line with the guidelines, provide technical support, conduct refresher trainings, ensure standard tools and checks are in place, providing detailed feedback to the Country Finance Director and SMT.
- Support the Country Finance Director in identifying, developing and retaining skilled country finance staff. Work with Country Finance Directors to ensure succession plans are in place for all key finance positions and gaps are minimised and filled pro-actively.
- Develop training materials and quick reference guides where necessary and conduct tailored training programs for the country staff.
- Technical interface with Agresso & SAGA support and development team, Partner organizations Finance team on accounting, controls and compliance
- Monitor and continually improve country office key performance indicators and essential standard performance.
- Manage the performance and professional development of 1 direct report.
- Cover for senior finance colleagues as and when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experiences
- Accounting, commerce or business administration degree from a leading university, and relevant professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA).
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems like SUN systems, Agresso, PeopleSoft etc…
- At least two years of financial management experience in complex organization.
- Experienced in preparing both financial and management accounts, including for overseas offices (knowledge of working of charitable organisations is preferred, with IFRS knowledge important).
- Post qualification experience with financial processes, ideally within an international context
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of change and quick turnaround times, whilst delivering to the highest standards.
- Ability to synthesize information and propose solutions; to work independently and judge when to ask for advice or inputs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral English and French), including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail; planning, management and coordination skills.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment.
- Personal circumstances and commitment to travel to all country offices in the region; 25-35% travel.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Strong relationship builder with a proven track record in forming good business partnerships.
- Experience in financial control frameworks, audit and counter fraud.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills.
- Two years of relevant experience at regional level in a similar capacity.
NB : This position is national with local terms and conditions
About Save the Children
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date curriculum vitae as a single document. The job advertisement is also available at https://senegal.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Closing date: Wednesday 27 March 2019
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.