Send money with love
Who we are
Sendwave is on a mission to make sending funds to loved ones as easy and affordable as sending a text. What makes us stand out in a sea of similar apps? We deeply care about the diasporas and communities we serve — and that comes with a sense of connection to the markets we operate in. We strive to make life better for everyone who touches our product. That means recognizing and honoring the human experience behind sending money. We do that by remaining fee-free in most of our markets and offering round-the-clock customer care.
Our app is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and parts of Europe, and sends funds to 19 receiving countries for over 500,000 users. We currently have a 4.6-star rating on Trustpilot — people put their faith in us to deliver their money quickly, securely, and affordably. And we’re pretty darn proud of that.
How we work
What we’re most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you’ll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We’re not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
Take full ownership of the outcomes we’re responsible for.
Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It’s to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn’t work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture.
We believe the challenges we’re addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together. We’re not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
Maximize our rate of learning.
We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won’t work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops — as a company and individuals — the faster we’ll achieve our mission.
Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others.
We function best when we’re open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
Maximize energy, not time spent.
We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
Your key areas of focus:
Our Longtime User Happiness (LUH) customer support team is the ‘frontline’ for ensuring all users can achieve Sendwave’s mission. To do so, delighting our users remains a core value for our team. Every decision we make as a company is driven by asking how much something would help our existing and future users. Excellent customer support is essential to making sure we treat our users well, and that’s why we need support team members with the skills to delight our users 100% of the time.
As a member of our Support Team, you’ll:
- Work regular full-time shifts on our support inbox, handling incoming calls, outgoing calls, texts & emails.
- Identify patterns in user feedback and translate those into suggestions for improving our user experience.
- Quickly identify major issues affecting a number of users and be an advocate for having them addressed swiftly.
- Participate in regular trainings & team meetings.
What you bring to the table:
- Must live in Senegal and are fluent in English and French
- 2+ years experience in a call/contact center or as a dispatcher/receptionist in a large office.
- Ability to commit to a full-time schedule.
- Ability to work your assigned shift, as we are open 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required.
- Advanced fluency in English (speaking / writing). The job requires the ability to communicate in English with our customers and team at a professional working capacity.
- Fluency in Somali, Swahili, Italian or Spanish is a plus!
Bonus points if you:
- Truly enjoy helping to solve problems for our awesome customers.
- Exhibit excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Approach others’ problems with compassion and a desire to keep problem-solving an issue until you understand what is going on.
- Are motivated to help Sendwave grow through providing stellar service to our customers.
- Let’s talk about the benefits. Here are a few perks you can look forward to:
- Benefits package – Please see some of our benefits below;Paid leave for vacations, sick, and bereavement, varying by country
- Charitable donation matching
- Baby bonding time for all employees after at least six months of employment
- Fertility assistance
- Professional development
Please read before applying
- Position is remote, and can be executed from any quiet location with reliable, fast internet
- The interview will be conducted in English. Please come prepared to have an interactive conversation.
- Resumes will only be considered if submitted in English.
- Resume screening: If your resume is selected, you will receive a email invitation to complete a project
- Project: A take home project that will assess your language, problem solving skills and network quality
- Manager Interview: This is a conversation with a team lead or department head from the Support team about your work experience. After this interview, we will aim to be in touch within 1 week.
Offer: Welcome to the team!
Our company, including our support team, is 100% remote. External candidates authorized to work exclusively outside of Kenya or Senegal will not be considered.
And best of all:
Our team of over 400 employees, fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
Proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
Our new collaborators at WorldRemit, another remittance company. We recently joined forces, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.