Site Amnesty International
Amnesty International hiring Senior Africa Campaigner.
Amnesty International West & Central Africa Regional Office is looking for an experienced Camapigner Deputy Regional Director for Campaigns to lead on innovative and creative approaches to campaigning in the region.
The role reports to the Regional Director and will provide strategic leadership in the development, management and delivery of high impact campaigns. The Deputy Director Campaigns manages the campaign and communication team and ensures integrated ways of working in a multi-functional office.
The role can be Dakar or location with an Amnesty International Secretariat office(as listed below), subject to further confirmation and provided that we are in a position to hire an employee in that location: Dakar, Johannesburg and Nairobi. Salary and benefits will vary depending on the Amnesty IS salary scale for the country.
You will have extensive experience of leading campaigns at the national & international level using strategic campaign methodologies & tools. A good knowledge of the West & Central Africa sub-region in which the post operates and the ability to work effectively within a varied and changing set of focus issues and countries will be required. Experience of working in a key leadership role in a complex organization and of managing people and teams is expected. The nature of this role will require excellent political judgment, the ability to spot and address both risks and opportunities and of managing conflicting demands, meeting deadlines, managing budgets and adjusting priorities.
- Recruit and manage Campaigns staff, ensure staff and performance are managed effectively and talent is nurtured;
- Manage the development and implementation of human rights campaigns and advocacy action plans for the region in line with global and regional priorities and strategies
- Responsible for overall quality and timeliness of campaign plans and campaigning output from the regional office, coordinating with or seeking input from Continental or Global teams as required
- Manage risk assessments and oversee the implementation of security, wellbeing, health and safety procedures for staff
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience of leading campaigns at the national & international level through a campaigns lifecycle (issue identification, strategy development, campaign delivery, monitoring & evaluation, campaign exit and impact assessment), and using strategic campaign methodologies & tools
- Knowledge of the West & Central Africa sub-region in which the post operates and the ability to work effectively within a varied and changing set of focus issues and countries
- The ability to matrix manage cross-functional, multi-cultural, and distance project teams; Experience of working with colleagues, partners and/or rights-holders based around the world, including the global North and global South; knowledge of participatory methodologies desirable
Closing Date:9 August 2022