Fieldstone recruits Senior Associate or Vice President.
Fieldstone is an independent investment bank and financial services provider in the energy and infrastructure sectors globally, and a market leader in Sub-Saharan Africa. The firm has an exceptionally strong reputation in emerging markets and is very much considered to be a leading advisory firm by clients, industry observers, and other financial institutions. With offices in London, Johannesburg and Dakar, we have numerous live transactions and a good pipeline of future transactions. We are seeking a Senior Associate or Vice President (depending on seniority and background of the applicant) to join our team and immediately start work on live transactions.
This opportunity will allow a high performing individual with strong experience to lead the day to day execution of transactions within emerging markets working for a top boutique with highly experienced colleagues. The senior associate or vice president would work from Dakar with a team of professionals based in Dakar, London and Johannesburg. The candidate will work closely with the larger team around the world.
At the core of our work, are development-stage project finance transactions in the power and infrastructure sectors and other sectors such as hospitality, real estate, healthcare and industrials. Additionally, our team covers buy and sell-side M&A mandates, export credit advisory, debt refinancing, corporate debt/equity raises, etc.
As a senior associate or vice president, the candidate will:
- actively engage in marketing initiatives through research, networking, and business development opportunities;
- oversee the development of complex financial models by junior team members for project and structured finance transactions;
- review and critically analyze financial accounts and projections;
- undertake valuations of businesses using a variety of valuation methodologies;
- present findings of work to clients in the form of information memoranda, valuation papers, and presentations;
- actively advise in commercial contract and financial document negotiations;
- manage a deal team’s day to day work on transaction;
- manage relationships with counterparties throughout a transaction;
- contribute to discussions in meetings with clients and lead such meetings as occasion may require;
- oversee the preparation of marketing materials and other work product; and
- assist with the development and implementation of skill-improvement initiatives and internal training programs.
Preferred candidates will have:
- strong analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency with critical thinking;
- a good understanding of accounting and business fundamentals, demonstrated through a Master degree in Business, MSc, MBA, professional certifications, or participation in the CFA curriculum, or comparable accreditation;
- demonstrated working competence with all aspects of project finance modelling and documentation;
- experience with the full life-cycle of a financing process for an African or emerging market transaction;
- experience structuring financings with development finance institutions, export credit agencies, other public sector financial institutions, and commercial banks;
- experience with PPP transaction structuring;
- exposure to energy-sector, core infrastructure, and / or social infrastructure financings;
- a keen interest and commitment to infrastructure finance advisory, particularly in emerging markets;
- an existing network of relevant individuals across the industry which may include developers, project sponsors, lenders, development finance institutions, and advisors;
- an interest in developing his or her own advisory client base in due course; and
- relevant language skills for executing advisory mandates in markets in which Fieldstone is active, particularly
- French and English.
Interested parties to e-mail CV’s to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 23 October 2021.