World Bank Group
The World Bank Group recruits a Senior HR Assistant, Learning & Development.
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group (WBG) provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
In positioning the WBG as an employer of choice and leader within the development community and to better respond to the diversified needs of the organization’s shareholders and staff, the Human Resources Vice-Presidency is expanding its footprint in its field offices, to be closer to its clients. Specifically, the Leadership and Staff Development unit (HRDLS) supports the development of supervisors and managers by providing global executive coaching, team facilitation and managerial onboarding. Every year, the Executive Coaching and Team Facilitation program handles approximately 2,800-3,000 invoices and the managerial onboarding program supports about 100 individuals in managerial roles.
To support these initiatives, the Executive Coaching and Team Facilitation program is looking for a dynamic Senior HR Assistant, Learning & Development (SHRA) to join its team in Dakar, Senegal, to assist in the delivery of global programs while working closely with the Program Manager and Unit Manager based in Washington D.C.
Duties and accountabilities
The SHRA is expected to contribute to the continuous program improvement framework and administration procedures, and actively participate in brainstorming, testing, and implementation of new processes. SHRA is expected to maintain a collaborative and knowledge sharing culture at the team’s level and beyond and to maintain and keep all relevant knowledge and documentation and files up to date in the Bank systems. Specifically for the two programs the SHRA will:
Executive Coaching and Team Facilitation Program
- Open new engagements or extensions in the coaching tracking system. Inform the vendors and coaches when engagements are nearing completion as well as closures of engagements. Close engagements once all 12 coaching sessions have been completed. Maintain the coaching data dashboard and create specialized internal reports as needed.
- Process in the internal Admin Portal Fiscal Years Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) opening and closures.
- Replenish BPO funds as necessary. Track monthly coaching reports submission by the vendors and monthly usage of coaching hours. Collect charge codes from clients’ managers, assistants, resource managers, HR Business Partners (HRBPs). Liaise with WBG Accounts Payable team, and coaching vendors to provide updated client charge codes as necessary and reconcile the vendor coaching report with the coaching tracking system in case of discrepancies. Handle invoicing concerns and questions, answer clients/budget officers on invoicing or charge code questions. Ensure accurate charge back, collection of credit and reposting of costs on the admin fee.
- Contribute to the process automation improvement projects.
- Upon the launch of virtual coaching platform, provide support to managing non-managerial cohorts (i.e. registering cohorts in OLC, marking attendance and completion).
- Coordinate the analysis and reporting on the mid and end of coaching engagement evaluations forms to track trends and identify improvements based on participants’ feedback.
- Serve as a backup for other staff supporting Executive Coaching and Team Facilitation program.
Managerial Onboarding Program
- Maintain the content and perform the necessary updates of the Managers’ Corner in close cooperation with the HR Knowledge Management (HRKM) Team. Maintain Managing@WBG site.
- Contribute to the Manager’s Corner site redesign in close cooperation with the HRKM Team.
- Maintain the content and perform the necessary updates to the Welcome Messages.
- Draft Welcome Messages for new resident representatives, managers, directors and engage HRBPs to send the messages to clients.
- Maintain the database of new managerial appointments and capture completion of the key elements of the onboarding process.
- Maintain the assignments of HRD Learning Management facilitators for the managerial onboarding conversations.
- Outreach to IBRD and IFC Client Services to ensure the effective Managerial Onboarding process (periodic focus groups, collection of feedback, surveys, etc).
- Coordinate the analysis and reporting to HRDLS dashboard.
- Contribute to the upcoming Managerial Onboarding workflow automation project.
- Support the delivery of Peer Coaching Circles deliveries (management in Online Learning Campus (OLC), participant tracking, survey creation and analysis).
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field desired, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced proficiency in written and oral communication in English and French. Ability to interact effectively with clients verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time and project-management skills;
- Ability to work capably under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Able to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks and projects. Demonstrates ownership and accountability for results. Demonstrates innovation and creativity in promoting effectiveness.
- Thorough attention to detail so that records will be up-to-date and readily retrievable.
- Self-starter and independent learner. Demonstrated Growth/Learner Mindset. Initiates changes to work processes to improve efficiency and high performance.
- Advanced skills in Excel with ability to manage large databases, including use of pivot tables and charts.
- Knowledge of Bank technology platforms (OLC, the WB learning management system, based on SABA LMS, SAP, MS products, etc.) is desirable.
For internal candidates, demonstrates in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of administrative and policy guidelines, practices, products and services in area of assigned functional responsibility.
Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a virtual and multi-cultural team-based environment.
Closing Date: 10/25/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC.