The UNFPA is hiring a Senior HR Business Partner. (Job ID: 37051)
You will manage the interface between business units and the Human Resources function in UNFPA by providing strategic HR Client services and driving Career, Development & Mobility Programmes Branch and initiatives in your client area.
You will report to the Deputy HR Director.
How you can make a difference
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a key member of the global HR team and facilitates the identification and meeting of the Human Resource needs and objectives of the organization in West and Central Africa supporting the effective implementation of the Human Resources aspects of the UNFPA Strategic Plan. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business acumen and aligns HR initiatives and programs to support the clients’ business objectives. The HRBP manages the business-HR interface and guides client managers in applying HR policies and practices effectively and equitably, also invites them to contribute to development of policies and HR initiatives in support of new and evolving ways of doing business. The HRBP will ensure delivery of timely, client focused HR support in a spirit of partnership with the business. In close collaboration with the Career Development & Talent Mobility Branch, you will lead and coordinate the efficient, consistent implementation of key HR processes in West and Central Africa. You will strengthen the team’s ability to provide value-adding advice to managers and staff regarding policy application in all areas of Human Resources.
You will supervise a team of Human Resources Specialists and Assistants who support managers and staff based in the field. Together with the Deputy Director, Client Services the Regional HR Business Partner will be responsible for ensuring that the delivery of HR services globally meets clients’ expectations with regard to efficiency and consistency.
The position is a rotational and roster post.
The HRBP works with Client managers, including Directors and Representatives or equivalent level, and staff at all levels in the country offices and in New York, and participates in Regional Management Team. You will also work closely with other DHR Units, Legal, Staff Association, the Ombuds Office, and the Ethics Office, as well as other relevant networks within the UN system and other major international organizations to find synergies, benchmark and promote the progress in modernizing HR policies and practices.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Development or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ten years of progressively relevant experience in HR management of which five years at multilateral/international level and five years in a similar role are required, preferably in a UN common system organization.
- Field experience is required;
- Experience in a supervisory/managerial role is required;
- Strategic mindset coupled with strong analytical skills, a proven ability to handle big picture perspectives, and proven ability to manage day to day operational matters required;
- Experience interpreting and implementing UN Staff Rules and Regulations or in a similar multilateral organization required;
- Experience implementing benefits and entitlements preferably a UN common system organization or in a similar multilateral organization required;
- Proven ability to deliver effective solutions to complex HR challenges in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information and gain trust;
- Excellent influencing skills and demonstrated ability to gain support of across organizational boundaries and with external stakeholders and counterparts;
- Strong professional expertise, knowledge and the gravitas to work with Senior Management;
- Strong communication, collaboration and team skills;
- Experience with international development/humanitarian organization, multilaterals or INGO’s is an asset;
- Experience providing remote HR advisory services an asset;
- Experience in change management is an asset.
Fluency in English and French are required.
Closing date: 30 July 2021 – 5:00pm(New York time).
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.unfpa.org.