World Bank Group
The World Bank Group is hiring a Senior HR Specialist, Talent Management.
- Term Duration: 3 years
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group (WBG) provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
In positioning the WBG as an employer of choice and leader within the development community and to better respond to the diversified needs of the organization’s shareholders and staff, the Human Resources Vice-Presidency is expanding its footprint in its field offices, to be closer to its clients. Specifically, the Careers, Performance and Learning Department (HRDCL), which brings innovative solutions and strategies across the entire talent management life-cycle for the World Bank, is expanding operations to the Africa Region. The position seeks to act as a liaison between the front-line HR Business Partners for Africa and the HRDCL global programs and services for the Region, providing specialist support and advice in the areas of career development, performance and learning. In this regard, this role will support a two-way feedback loop for translating global solutions into the regional context and providing client feedback for continuous improvement of overall solutions.
The position is based in Dakar, Senegal and reports to the Manager, Career Development and Talent Mobility in the HRD Vice Presidency.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Locally promote, deliver and coordinate effective rollout of HRDCL developed solutions and tools in the areas of career management, performance management, workforce planning, talent management and learning and development, in partnership with the Africa Regional HR Client Services team.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of innovative HRDCL solutions and resources injecting the client view and ensuring client centricity of solutions.
- Provide client feedback loop of implementation of HRDCL solutions in the region to enhance global and regional solutions, as well as more broadly solutions supporting staff in Fragile, Conflicts, and Violent Countries (FCV).
- Prepare and deliver high quality communication materials for staff and managers across all organizational levels of the World Bank. Build capacity and transfer knowledge for local HR Business Partners.
- Co-facilitate along with Onboarding Coordinator and with the responsible HR Business Partner new staff and manager onboarding sessions.
- Deliver career seminars in the Africa region, with emphasis on FCV and francophone staff.
- Represent HRDCL global programs in the Africa Region and collaborate with responsible regional/local HR Client Services colleagues in the co-design and implementation of tailored talent solutions.
- Monitor implementation of HRDCL programs and service delivery standards and assess the effectiveness using quantitative metrics and qualitative client feedback.
- Partner with HRDCL to identify training needs, design learning solutions and deliver learning curriculum to support the ongoing development of HR capacity in the Region.
- Provide thought leadership of regional HR leading practices in Talent Management. Liaise with relevant consultants and vendors on various programs. Liaise with leading organizations and International Finance Institutions to bring to WBG relevant and innovative solutions and adapt to the organizational context.
- Provide day-to-day co-supervision of HRDCL staff in the Dakar office.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Behavioral Sciences, Organizational Development/Behavior or related field with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
- Proven expertise in leading talent management practices related to career development, performance management, workforce planning, learning and development.
- Ability to see big picture, think strategically, and deliver pragmatic and structured solutions to client/business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English and French.
- Management consulting experience which includes project management, change management and end-to-end design experience, a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Experience in facilitation, learning design and delivery desired.
- Working knowledge of talent and learning management technology solution suites (e.g. PeopleSoft, Cornerstone, Saba, Pilat, etc).
- Strong planning, coordination and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships across the organization. A positive attitude, strong results orientation and high degree of initiative and responsiveness.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a virtual and multi-cultural team-based environment.
- Demonstrate the WBG competencies
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in race, gender, nationality, culture, and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Women and Sub-Saharan African/Caribbean candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Closing Date: 10/25/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC