ContourGlobal is hiring a Senior Legal Counsel.
ContourGlobal develops, acquires, and operates renewable and thermal power generation facilities around the world. Listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2017, we are a high-growth company with 1,400 employees. The Company owns and operates a portfolio of 117 power generation assets, located in 20 countries on 4 continents, utilizing a wide range of fuel types, technology, and equipment. We pride ourselves on our culture and values, and welcome entrepreneurial, creative, intellectually curious, and ambitious professionals to join our team.
We are recruiting for Legal counsel africa based in our Dakar office / plant.
- Responsible for all legal matters arising within the African assets.
- Management of day-to-day corporate governance, legal secretary requirements and entity management of the African entities.
- Operational support of the African business, including supporting other functions such as environmental, insurance and regulatory.
- Provide legal and strategic advice to operations, business development, and Company management, including about applicable legal requirements (under law, regulation, or contract), contractual rights and obligations, legal risk and mitigation, regulatory developments and requirements, and labor and employment matters.
- Overall management of the existing contractual structure of the African projects, including monitoring and implementation of corrective actions; track compliance of existing contractual requirements; support of pre-contentious or contentious situations.
- Supporting the General Counsel Thermal Division in legal operational matters arising for Thermal assets within the region.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s internal policies and procedures, including providing support for the Compliance function and its activities.
- Negotiation, preparation, amendments to and implementation of project contracts (i.e. PPAs, O&Ms, TSAs, EPCs, etc.).
- Support on development activities (M&A and project development) and financing/project financing in Africa as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills
- Strong academic background.
- Fluent in legal French and English, both written and spoken.
- Availability to travel.
- Experience between 6 to 10 years in law firm or in-house.
- Experience in energy sector is a plus.
This position reports hierarchically to the Thermal Division General Counsel and Legal
ContourGlobal places a high value on providing equal employment opportunities and maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our society and our customers.
Closing date : 30 July 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.contourglobal.com.