Aggreko hiring Senior Manager (IC) – Pricing Strategy & Planning.
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
The role is part of the Power Solutions Africa Team. The Africa Team is split into two regions – West and Central Africa (WACA) and South & East Africa (SEA). Each of these regions will be supported by a Pricing Manager. Due to organisational restructure these roles will be based within the region (i.e. closer to the sales team which will be the focal point of interaction). The WACA role will be based in Dakar and the SEA role will be based in Johannesburg. The roles will report to Senior Pricing & Commercial Finance Manager based in London. In addition, the team includes a pricing analyst based in Nigeria who supports pricing across the region.
Purpose of the Job
Leading the preparation of commercial pricing models for bids and tenders. Supporting the division’s Sales Teams on bid pricing whilst ensuring that Aggreko’s Risk Management Policy including internal returns targets are met or exceeded. In all instances applying ‘best practice’ financial modelling and corporate finance methodologies.
Working across the wider Aggreko organisation to ensure that techno-economic inputs to the project pricing models are robust. Providing concise written and verbal communication to enable the organisation to clearly understand and evaluate the proposals being presented for approval, with a full appreciation of the potential risks.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Accountable for accuracy and validity of pricing models and outputs.
- To prepare commercial pricing models including cost assessments based on input from Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain Tax, and Treasury.
- To update the risk register in order to ensure that the team is aware of risks/mitigations so that impact on pricing is adequately addressed.
- To liaise with the sales personnel and operations personnel in order to ensure that all quotations and other support information required for pricing is delivered in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement tools and procedures to improve pricing and governance process
- To strongly enforce ‘process compliance’ in line with governance policies by sales teams of the end to end process (from sales inquiry to pricing submission)
- Propose innovative pricing strategies and deal structures to maximise chances of success
- Preparation of White Paper to seek approval from Executive Team by highlighting key assumptions, returns, risks and sensitivities
- Completion of bid deliverables to be submitted as part of the tender requirements
- To build a repository of key input and outputs for various bids in order to develop meaningful pricing benchmarks
- Share best practices, knowledge and bid details with other members of the pricing team
- To support on adhoc projects
Aggreko places a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures and compliance to local legislation.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field preferably finance, engineering or other commercial
- Further educational experience such as CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent/similar finance qualification
- Over 5 years experience in a relevant commercial or financial function
- Experience of working in an international environment preferred
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in different geographies
- Strong financial modelling skills and understanding of corporate finance best practice (ratios, KPIs, structures)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate (verbally and concise report writing) at all levels of the organisation
- Planning & Organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results a desire to achieve “step changes” in business results.
- Ability to analyse and question numbers when appropriate
- Comfortable in situations where there may be ambiguity over data and where initiative will need to be shown to make appropriate assumptions
- Discretion and diplomacy
- Task Completion – reliable, committed to completing tasks.
- Resilience – persistent, positive and self reliant.
- Accountability – drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility.
- Customer Focus – understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships.
Key Role Interactions
- Area General Manager
- Head of Sales
- Business Development Managers/Teams
- Senior Legal Manager
- Head of Finance, FP&A Manager, Finance Manager, Tax Manager
- Engineering, operations and HR teams
- Members of the pricing team