IBTCI is hiring a Senior MEL Specialist.
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
- Job Title: Senior MEL Specialist
- Department/Location: SEAD
- Reports To: Chief of Party
- Type: Regular Full-Time
- Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
IBTCI is seeking Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist for a proposal for the five-year Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Platform. The purpose of this project is to establish a monitoring platform which will conduct performance assessments and evaluations, research, and CLA activities for the USAID Mission in Senegal.
This position is contingent on award and is open to third country nationals and Senegal nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the design, quality, development, and completion of baseline surveys, assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations, including field testing of the research protocols and instruments, developing participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks as needed.
- Oversee and participate in evaluations, assessments, and baseline surveys throughout the life of the contract and serve as the evaluation team leader of selected evaluations conducted under this contract.
- Recruit for and ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation team members have are of high caliber, possess required technical expertise, and are informed of USAID standards and guidelines for MEL technical work.
- Oversee the review of Performance Management Plans (PMPs), support such technical work as reviewing reporting methods, carrying out training needs, designing tools, and advising USAID and Implementing Partners on their M&E systems, including field monitoring and DQAs.
- Provide raw data to USAID for tracking purposes.
- Monitor indicator data to identify any gender gaps (the extent to which females and males are participating in and benefiting from projects and activities).
- Assess the environmental impact of USAID activities during regular site visits.
- Analyze performance and context monitoring data to extrapolate relevant information and provide written and oral briefings to USAID to inform management and adapt interventions.
- Examine technical reports and deliverables to review performance data.
- Meet with implementing partner staff and other stakeholders to discuss data collection methods.
- Prepare written and oral reports on DQA findings and provide recommendations on how to address deficiencies identified.
Work with implementing partners to develop actions plans that address the report recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience leading monitoring, evaluation and analysis of donor development projects, with a focus on health and/or agriculture.
- Three years of previous experience on a USAID-funded awards.
- Three years’ experience in designing and implementing evaluations of development interventions.
- Experience as an evaluation team leader.
- Demonstrated experience in indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated experience in providing guidance to technical teams in developing and updating PMPs, as well as creating and managing PMPs.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging performance monitoring data for improving ongoing project management.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations of development interventions.
- Experience in designing and field-testing surveys and other data collection instruments.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management.
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional proficiency (oral and written) in English and French required.
Education: A graduate degree and/or a Ph.D. in relevant subject areas, including, but not limited to, economics, statistics, public administration/policy, sociology, anthropology or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Development and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems for clients preferred.
Prior experience working in Senegal or West Africa preferred.
- Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Senegal is essential. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs. Regional travel may be necessary.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Senegal.
About the Organization
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Closing date : 31 July 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers-ibtci.icims.com.