UNICEF hiring Senior Network Associate, Senegal.
Purpose for the job
The Senior Network Associate will have the technical lead for the ICT network in the UN House.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Manager, the Senior Network Associate provides services, implement management systems and strategies, and provide daily technical support to users of the common information management tools and technology infrastructure.
The Senior Network Associate works in close collaboration with the IPU colleagues, ICT specialists from the UN organizations, and clients in the UN House to ensure reliable, effective and efficient ICT services that are delivered in a manner that promotes client satisfaction.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Ensure monitor network availability and performance, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure, according to SLAs, implementation of network client application to all workstations and network devices, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Ensure troubleshoot network faults, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure implementation of network configuration changes/upgrades, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the UN House, focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Completion of Secondary education supplemented with formal training at university level in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related field with training in networking and telecommunication technology. Additional Networking/ telecommunication related industry certification an asset.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use standard office software, tools and technologies.
- Must pass the English Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) – formerly known as the Clerical Exam.
- Seven years practical work experience in information technology, including systems administration and operations, network computing, systematic methods of trouble shooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on IT services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools. Practical experience in Global Network Problem Resolution, Infrastructure Operations, Service Operations, and practice in network operations.
- Broad exposure to substantive Windows systems work reflecting major IT developments in such areas as client/server computing and applications, database administration/engineering, operating systems development, internetworking desirable.
- Fluency in French and working knowledge of English required. Knowledge of the local language or another UN language is an asset.
Deadline: 27 Jan 2021 Greenwich Standard Time
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.unicef.org.