PATH is hiring a Senior Program Assistant.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH in Senegal is seeking an experienced and bilingual Senior Program Assistant to provide support for project administration, management, and logistics for project activities in Senegal. Specifically, the Program Assistant will support these following projects:
The DMPA-SC Access Collaborative: a global initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation and led by PATH in collaboration with John Snow, Inc. (JSI). Since 2017, the Access Collaborative has been working with ministries of health and partners across sectors in more than 20 countries to expand women’s contraceptive options and access through introduction and scale-up of the self-injectable product DMPA-SC. The Program Assistant will report to the PATH Regional Technical Advisor, based in Dakar. They will support project work to provide international technical assistance to countries planning to introduce and/or scaling up the all-in-one injectable contraceptive DMPA-SC.
Selfcare-Building on momentum at the global level, PATH is working with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and partners in Senegal to advance self-care for SRHR through policy action and partner coordination. After a series of educational and consultative events to increase awareness of self-care, further disseminate WHO guidelines, and identify country-specific advocacy and learning priorities the Senegal Selfcare pioneers’ group was launched. This Pioneers group will provide technical and advocacy support to the MOH and drive a learning agenda, as well as engage in policy advocacy efforts to support the introduction and expansion of self-care interventions within Senegal’s health system.
Non-communicable (NCD) project in Senegal and other implementation countries, focused on detection, management, quality of care and demand creation for care of hypertension. Key activities in this project include awareness raising, screening, capacity building, data collection and dissemination of results.
The Senior Program Assistant will be based in Dakar and will report to the Regional Technical Advisor, DMPA SC.
Support to project management
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, produce minutes for meetings and workshops, and assist in following up on recommendations or actions. Compile and organize relevant materials, help to set up meeting, make arrangements for and troubleshoot audio/visual connections.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for workshops, meetings & field work exercises; develop budgets for activities using established formats; manage cash disbursements to meeting, workshop and field work exercise participants as needed; prepare financial reports of workshop, meetings, and field work exercises.
- Assist teams based in regions to organize activities and collect supporting documents.
- Assist the team to liaise with stakeholders and partners involved in communication, screening and hypertension care and engage with them in their respective roles to achieve project objectives.
- Provide telephone support to team by redirecting phone calls to the relevant office, soliciting information, answering general queries by telephone, and organizing teleconferences and virtual meetings via Zoom and Teams.
- Serve as a resource for translating program correspondence, reports, presentations, and other written materials as needed.
- Assist in preparation, planning and scheduling for meetings and workshops.
- Create and maintain appropriate records and knowledge management systems, including shared drive and cloud-based filing systems, for project-related information and materials.
- Ensure local and international travel management for programs team, including visa process, flight & hotel booking, cash advance, expense report and follow up.
- Coordinate arrangements for incoming visitors’ or Dakar staff persons’ domestic and international travel, including flights, hotel room reservation and airport pick up.
- Solicit and track vendor quotes, find quotations for local procurements, prepare documentation (e.g., Purchase Orders, Procurement Request Forms) in accordance with PATH policy.
- Backstop team members when they are out of the office to follow up on communications.
- Manage office supplies inventory.
- Ensure that team transaction requests are submitted following PATH and PATH Senegal established processes and procedures.
- Facilitate processing of transactions by PATH Senegal, liaising with the Finance Officer for processing and generating of payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Update activities and documents on Box.
- Provide backup for other Program Assistants at PATH/Senegal as requested.
- Support to international technical assistance
Under the supervision of the Access Collaborative Regional Technical Advisor (RTA):
- Assist the RTA to liaise with other francophone and non-francophone countries to track incoming and technical assistance needs and requests and track progress on ongoing technical assistance provided to countries.
- Assist the Senegal-based Self Injection ambassadors and help to liaise with other francophone SI ambassadors.
- Assist the francophone DMPA-SC Learning and Action Network (LAN) dissemination activity of the Access Collaborative across countries, including providing back-end support of public webinars and workshops through Zoom webinars.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of professional experience.
- Experience working in an international organization and/or in a multicultural environment is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management and managing the expectations of multiple clients.
- Fluency in both English and French.
- Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in team situations with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills (especially MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams): must have demonstrable ability to format and scan documents, prepare presentations and use advanced calendaring and email management strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain office records and files, interpret rules and regulations and to apply them to work situations.