Site International Budget Partnership
International Budget Partnership is hiring a Senior Program Officer.
With the goal of eliminating poverty, the International Budget Partnership (IBP) works to ensure that all people, especially underserved communities, have the right and ability to understand and influence how public money – their money – is raised and spent. IBP is a nonprofit organization fiercely dedicated to ensuring governments use public funds to help those that need it most. In more than 120 countries, we pioneer new approaches to enable oversight of government taxation and spending. IBP is a multi-cultural environment with strong camaraderie among mission driven people.
The Senior Program Officer will work to ensure that IBP responds in a collaborative, effective and timely manner to learning and capacity building needs articulated by the civil society organizations (CSOs) that form part of the Francophone Africa Network (FAN)/Réseau Afrique Francophone (RAF).
IBP’s Senegal country strategy is aimed at strengthening the impact of civil society advocacy on budget policy and outcomes. Through deep and sustained engagement within the country, IBP seeks to build the expertise and skills of civil society players involved in budget analysis and advocacy, and strengthen the dialogue and partnerships between these groups and other accountability stakeholders, including governments, oversight institutions, and the media, in the budget process. IBP-organized research, technical assistance, and grant making in support of civil society groups and initiatives are all integral components of the work in country.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Participate in developing the strategy for and priority activities of FAN, to include: a.) building a vibrant and dynamic regional learning network; b) mapping and providing the capacity-development needed in partners to build the required budget analysis and advocacy skills; and c) provision of intensive strategic support to
- budget organizations in a specific number of countries.
Conceptualize, develop, implement and assess initiatives intended to provide learning and capacity building opportunities to partners in FAN. Take specific responsibility for liaising with designated partners, which includes negotiating with them about their learning and capacity building needs related to budget research, analysis and advocacy; identifying the best approaches and formats for meeting those needs; mapping out and facilitating or enabling the workshops, horizontal exchanges, strategic accompaniment, technical assistance and/or other support that IBP provides the partners; and take responsibility for follow-up to and evaluation of any such initiatives.
- Conceptualize, develop and monitor training initiatives; develop curricula and training materials and resources consistent with principles of adult education and learning.
- Closely monitor and report on the progress of implementation of FAN priority activities to the IBP Senegal Country Manager.
- Facilitate relations with stakeholders and partners of IBP, including through representing IBP in relevant meetings and conferences.
- Collaborate and coordinate with all other IBP teams as may be required to support, document, and evaluate FAN program implementation, including participating in periodic review meetings and initiatives to work through process improvements for the program.
- Take on other related tasks related to support of FAN as requested by the Manager.
- Participate in IBP all-staff meetings, and any other required meetings organizationally.
- Contribute to drafting terms of reference for consultants, and support the execution and monitoring of consultant performance.
- Coordinate closely with the IBP Operations team for all administrative and logistical needs.
- Comply with all IBP administrative and financial protocols, policies and procedures.
Master’s degree in public finance, economics, public policy, public administration, social science, or a related development field, required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience conceptualizing and implementing projects related to budget work or public finance management, preferably in developing countries
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience working with civil society or social movements, ideally in Francophone Africa and preferably on a regional basis
- Experience with adult/popular education work, specifically in conceptualizing, delivering, facilitating and monitoring training programs for civil society organizations
Knowledge and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the sensitivity for building relationships and networks across different organizations and countries, and the ability to build and contribute to a culture of collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; high-level ability to network and communicate effectively with partners and colleagues (as well as consultants, and representatives of government or other multilateral organizations)
- Solid strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to analyze the political contexts within which CSOs work
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop plans for and carry projects through to completion
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision while maintaining regular communications with colleagues
- High level of organization; a strong ability to prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Language skills – Fluency in French required; English highly desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package, required; proficiency with other specialist software applications, desirable
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for IBP’s mission
- Highly flexible and adaptable to shifting environments; work well under pressure
- Motivated to learn and willing to contribute to learning initiatives
- Regional travel may be extensive at times
- This is a fixed term position with an initial contract of one year with the possibility of renewal.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume/CV.
IBP is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.