EnCompass LLC is seeking a Senior Regional Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Localize Global Health Security (LGHS) activity. It is anticipated that this Activity will work with and through local partners to address critical health security gaps to prevent, detect, and respond to known and emerging infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance that originates in animals, with a focus at the sub-national and community levels.
The Senior Regional GESI Advisor will provide expertise in effective programmatic integration of gender and inclusion and will coach local partners on the integration of gender and inclusion in global health security intervention design and implementation. Related tasks may include designing and leading GESI analyses and assessments, leading the design of gender and inclusion-responsive strategies and action plans, supporting the design of gender and inclusion-responsive monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans, preparing high-quality GESI reports and technical resources, managing local and/or regional GESI consultants, and providing ongoing GESI technical assistance at regional and country levels.
The position will be full-time and be based in Dakar, Senegal with up to 40% regional travel. Senegalese nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall technical leadership for GESI efforts regionally and at country level
- Design and lead collaborative processes for the development of gender and inclusion-responsive action plans for the Activity and local partners
- Lead the design, coordination and completion of country-level GESI analyses and assessments
- Develop GESI tools and resources to facilitate GESI integration in global health security activities
- Provide ongoing GESI technical assistance for the implementation and monitoring of global health security activities at regional and country levels
- Co-design and facilitate regional and country-level meetings and workshops using appreciative, participatory, adult learning, utilization-focused methodologies, and approaches
- Design innovative technical tools/materials (i.e., toolkits, presentations, facilitation guides etc.) and approaches, as needed, to support effective promotion of GESI throughout the Activity
- Identify, oversee, and mentor local and/or regional GESI experts hired to support the Activity’s GESI interventions regionally and at country level
- Travel to LGHS intensive focus countries in the region and provide GESI technical assistance as requested
- Represent the Activity at regional and country-level stakeholder convenings as relevant
- Manage the regional portfolio as well as develop annual work plans for GESI efforts including:
- Participating in regular Activity meetings and providing progress updates on GESI
- Participating in budget planning and preparation for each new fiscal year
- Ensuring that GESI activities are carried out within budget
- Regularly tracking and reporting on key GESI metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in international development/relations, Public health, gender, or other related field, and 10 years’ experience working in the international development and/or humanitarian sector to advance gender and inclusion or women’s empowerment; or a PhD in international development/relations, Public Health, gender or related field, and 8 years’ experience working in the international development and/or humanitarian sector to advance gender and inclusion or women’s empowerment; or a Bachelor’s degree in international development/relations, Public Health, gender or other related field and 12 years’ experience working in the international development and/or humanitarian sector to advance gender and inclusion or women’s empowerment.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of technical GESI expertise, including experience in gender and social inclusion analysis and assessment, and gender and social inclusion in health programming
- Fluency in written and spoken French at functional native proficiency level
- In-country work experience in the West Africa region
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience, including management of teams and consultants
- Experience coaching project staff and country stakeholders on gender and inclusion-responsive programming
- Experience designing and facilitating GESI workshops
- Experience supervising remote and country-based experts to carry out GESI activities including, GESI analyses and assessments, and GESI trainings
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cultural competence in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients, partners, and colleagues
- Ability to work in a strengths-based work culture, and to model appreciative approaches for others
- Demonstrates and supports a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
- Strong planning, organization, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Demonstrated experience integrating gender and social inclusion in USAID-funded global health programming in the West Africa region.
- In-depth understanding of USAID’s Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy, and ADS 205
- Familiarity with existing regional women’s networks and movements in West Africa
- Expertise in participatory, adult learning training theory and practice
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application online.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : encompassworld.hrmdirect.com.
Voir toutes les offres d'emploi