Wartsila is hiring a Senior Technical Expert.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology – together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Senior Technical Expert – Mechanical
Wärtsilä Senegal Team are expanding! We are happy to have Senior Technical Expert to jump onboard will be based out of Senegal.
What will you be doing?
- Remote troubleshooting and remote operation support for 4-stroke installations.
- Technical consulting and supporting of customer and internal stakeholder.
- Analysis and evaluation of engine performance data.
- On site advanced troubleshooting, diagnosis and RCA.
- Supporting the internal sales organization.
- Preparation and holding of presentations and training courses.
- Provide technical support to both our customers and internally to Service Sales, Field Service, etc.
- Participate in introducing new products, testing and follow-up of the products.
- Collaborate with the Technical Service Organization, with the teams within Technical Service.
- Closely cooperate with TS teams and product team to enable efficient and world-class support.
- Participate in technical problem solving in connection with warranty follow-up.
- Internal Product Training / Update.
- Report events to the product factories.
- Stay updated on new product, bulletins, field test, etc.
- Provide input for the product improvement process, Service Bulletins, TS documentations
- Travel activity is expected, being available 24/7 for job mobilization ASAP on site.
- Perform and participate in Root Cause Analysis accordingly, even on multiple/complex issues: mechanical, electrical, auxiliaries, having system overview.
- Ensure a fast response with quick delivery of a Technical Service report.
- Provide auditing services.
- Support the TS back office activities.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality and on-time support.
- Primarily be responsible for handling Technical Requests received from customers and internal.
- Perform expert technical field investigations and screening of field service reporting.
You will shine in this role, when you have?
- MSc / BSc in Engineering, Marine or equivalent technical domain.
- Knowledge, direct experience, and subject matter expertise in marine commercial agreements.
- Over 5 years of commercial in the maritime sector or B2B sales preferred.
- Proficient level of English language, verbal and written, Arabic language is highly preferred but not an essential.
- Solution based strategic selling methodology.
- Public speaking presentation skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office is essential, ERP and CRM applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and internationally
- Excellent analytical skill
Why you and us?
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
How to apply?
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application through our career’s portal. Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone – Ensure to upload an English written copy of your CV.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Any questions related to this position please reach out to:
Mr. Ali Mohamed Ali
Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist, Middle East, South Asia & Africa
(only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to) #LI-AM1
Last application date: 19/10/2021.