Airswift hiring Social Investment Coordinator.
- Reporting to the External Affairs Manager and Social Development Manager, support the annual Request for Proposal, identifying partner organisations to implement programmes in line with the company and Senegal Region’s social investment strategy.
- Oversee day-to-day management of social investment programmes with implementing partner.
- Organize regular site visits to social investment project activity areas.
- Support community relations activities, in line with development priorities, international standards, legal requirements, community needs assessment, stakeholder input and project schedule.
- Support other company initiatives (e.g. local content strategy) which contribute to social performance management, as required.
- Support management of key relationships with national, regional and local government, local communities and civil society. Ensure vulnerable groups are considered throughout programmes.
- Serve as a content expert and represent company at key engagements which require social input/knowledge (e.g. NGO engagement).
- Support effective and timely execution of the Social Investment Strategy (local and national) accounting for business risks, operations and community development requirements.
- Contribute to risk assessments and management planning as required.
- Support the Social Development Manager on social performance audits/reviews and reporting.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate initiatives, adopting a pragmatic and efficient delivery model, and ensuring project objectives, KPIs and plans are clear and deliverable and key social indicators are tracked (e.g. social investment performance indicators).
- Support External Affairs Manager and Social Development Manager to manage relationships across the company’s functions (e.g. Global Projects Organisation, Procurement and Supply Chain, etc.) and with external stakeholders (e.g. local authorities, NGOs/CSOs, implementing partners) to advance initiatives.
- Working closely with Communication team to identify opportunities and success stories of social investment programmes.
- Support annual social investment budget cycle (e.g. cost forecasting, tracking, reporting, review and approval of social development activities including social assessments, studies, and technical expertise).
Essential experience and job requirements
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in successfully creating and implementing social investment and community development projects.
- Demonstrates experience in managing non-technical risk, key stakeholders and business relationships in a challenging environment.
- Successful management of multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information in a clear and compelling manner to a variety of audiences and cultures.
- Proven analytics and organizational skills with rigorous attention to detail.
- Excellent judgement, problem solving and diplomacy skills.
- A self-starter with a « can-do » attitude, able to work well under pressure, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Ability to effectively create and manage budgets, projects and complex schedules.
- A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to make a difference.
- Understanding of international standards on responsible business practices (e.g. IFC Performance Standards on Social and Environmental Sustainability, Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights).
- Experience in designing and executing communication strategies in corporate social responsibility would be considered beneficial.
Location: Based in Saint Louis with travel to Dakar.
Language Skills: Required: French, Wolof: Preferred: English
Application deadline: 27 May 2022.