Site Medic Mobile
About the role
The Software Developer is a Product Team member in the Care Teams Focused Working Group. You will develop essential components of the Community Health Toolkit (CHT), a leading open-source, global good for digital health and advanced community health systems. You will work with application developers and other users of the CHT directly – this includes building new features, ensuring support, fixing bugs, testing applications, and ensuring we’re working on the most impactful things. You will work with a distributed team based around the world, and you will report to an Engineering Manager.
Product Team’s Core Competencies
- As a team, we have adopted a set of “core competencies” for how we show up for each other at work to be great teammates for each other.
- Reliable – Sets and communicates clear expectations about when something needs to/will be done and does it without prompting.
- Team Player – Acts in the team’s best interest and actively looks for ways to help their colleagues. Makes time to support teammates to be successful.
- Growth Mindset – Always seeking to improve. Open-minded, teachable, and coachable.
- Proactive – Sees things that need doing and takes action to keep things moving and make the team successful.
- Effective Communicator – Communicates regularly, openly, and effectively using the appropriate channels.
- Support scaling – Proactively seek new technologies or implementations that solve current problems better or more efficiently.
- Troubleshooting – Prioritize and provide remote troubleshooting support to active deployments as needed.
- Documentation – Write technical information, explain processes, clarify interactions when requested, and ensure proper documentation.
- Mentorship – Support junior team members.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 4 years of experience with software development, with concrete results
- Experience in one or more programming languages
- Fluent in English and experience using it in a remote work environment, e.g., over video and text chats
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Ability to work in a remote and culturally diverse team
- You must have valid authorization to work in the country that you are based without requiring sponsorship.
- We will be reviewing applications on a continuous basis, and encourage interested candidates to apply as early as possible.