UNFPA hiring Media Specialist.
The Media Specialist post is located in the UNFPA WCARO Dakar, Senegal. The incumbent will report to the Communication and Media Adviser.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The incumbent will be responsible to strengthen the information flow and visibility of UNFPA’s assistance by leading the implementation of the communication strategy of the WCARO; while highlighting the reproductive health, women’s protection needs, and rapid response mechanism related to the humanitarian response in WCARO and the ways in which UNFPA has responds to those needs.
Qualifications and Experience: :
- Advanced university degree in the field of Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or equivalent professional experience in the communication areas.
- A minimum of five year of experience in working with communications and media with UNFPA or other United Nations organization, including in humanitarian settings:
- Strong analytical, written and presentation skills;
- Experience as a journalist, either free-lance or for a media provider;
- Good knowledge of humanitarian response.
- Fluency in English is required. French is highly desirable.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2022
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.
Voir toutes les offres d'emploi