Site Amnesty International
Amnesty International hiring Media and Communications Intern.
Remuneration: 150,000 FCFA/month.
Task List include:
- Help build and maintain an editorial calendar for our social media handles
- Write and edit twice a week compelling and informative human rights video content for our social media channels
- Identify trending topics through social listening, media monitoring or consulting with colleagues both in the Regional offices and in sections covered) to craft short form videos twice a week.
- Attend stand up meetings, attend morning global news meeting, identify stories to develop and monitor social media / news.
- Fact-check to ensure all content is on point and on brand, and that assets used are either properly approved and credited in accordance with Amnesty International video guidelines and our Law and Policy department.
- Re-edit existing video content in a variety of dimensions or languages with the help of our translation department or interpreters.
- Collaborate with team members across our organization and ensure all content is reviewed by the relevant Amnesty stakeholders.
- Some media monitoring and basic community management
- Schedule the production of video content including source material research, copyright, localize content, it, and distribute to the movement
- Ensure all original Amnesty International material is properly logged and archived- specifically supporting the development of Amnesty International’s digital asset management system – ADAM.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent video editing skills using Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro (mandatory)
- Good command of Photoshop and Illustrator will be appreciated
- Fluent level of written and spoken English and French
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Have the ability to manage a varied workload efficiently and work independently
- Have the ability to think outside the box
- Be resourceful and creative
- Ability to handle tight deadline pressures
- Strive for accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Can-do confidence to engage with the communications team to identify and produce stories
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of current social media trends and how to optimize video content and engagement online.
- Ability to convey complex information in a concise, interesting and motivating way.
- Ability to apply templates and source photos / b-roll.
- Background through study, work or other experience in a relevant area, such as law, international relations, political science or social sciences etc.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Interest in the West and Central Africa region
- Experience and/or interest in After Effects
- Knowledge of campaigning organizations and Amnesty International’s work
- Experience in video production for social media use
- Storytelling, journalism and/or desk research experience will be an asset
- Experience in working in and with a diverse team
- Administrative experience, including manual and electronic filing
Relevant Adobe Creative Suites licenses will be provided for the intern in order to fulfill tasks related to his/her role.
Amnesty International – Dakar West and Central Africa Regional Office will provide a monthly stipend of 150,000 FCFA to cover expenses.
Amnesty International – Dakar West and Central Africa Regional Office will not provide accommodation to interns but can provide assistance to non-Senegalese citizens in order to find accommodation arrangements.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers.amnesty.org.