Site Peace Corps
Peace Corps is seeking Sustainable Rural Agriculture Extension Agent.
In the past year, the world has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a Volunteer, you will be trained in how to best protect yourself from COVID-19 exposure and understand the impact of and steps to reduce stigma related to COVID-19. You may also have the opportunity to engage with your community on implementing or enhancing COVID-19 mitigation activities, such as COVID-19 prevention and risk reduction strategies including social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing, addressing myths and misconceptions related to these practices, and vaccine hesitancy. Activities will be tailored to address the COVID-19 circumstances in the communities where you will serve.
- Qualified candidates will have an expressed interest in working in agriculture and one or more of the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any field
- 5 years’ professional work experience
- Competitive candidates will have one or more of the following qualifications and qualities:
- A desire to work outdoors
- Experience or interest with gardening or growing crops
- Interest or experience in promoting food security
- An interest in working with youth and/or in increasing the empowerment of women and girls in agricultural communities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- French language skills are desirable but not required. Candidates with French language skills, especially strong speaking skills, are encouraged to apply.