UN Women is hiring a Systems Analyst.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the ICT Associate executes ICT services in the Regional Office (RO), implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the RO productivity. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Introduce and implement ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures
- Develop and review internal ICT policies, guidances and procedures as required;
- Elaborate on the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in ICT in consultation with office management;
- Develop and update the ICT annual work plan for the office;
- Provide IT support in the use of Atlas (UN WOMEN’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
Ensure effective functioning of the RO ICT devices including hardware and software
- Install, operate, and maintain all RO ICT equipment;
- Provide advice on the acquisition of ICT equipment supplies;
- Make routine repairs and change of hardware electronic components;
- Plan, install and maintain all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
- Supervise and implement corporate UN Women software systems in the office;
- Develop new software packages for high impact results (e.g. office management system, electronic registry, etc), as required;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware
Ensure efficient networks administration
- Operate network utility procedures, defining network users and security attributes;
- Establish directories, menus and drive-mappings; configure network printers and provide user access;
- Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintain up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail;
- Implement backup and restoration procedures for local drives; maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
- Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
- Ensure UN Women desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks;
- Implement and maintain up to date the IT Infrastructure Security Plan;
- Manage Local Area Network (LAN) Infrastructure and Internet connectivity meet UN Women requirements;
- Provide a monthly report on the status of the computer network, internet connection and bandwidth.
Provide web management services
- Support the RO in identifying opportunities, converting business processes into a web-based solution to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, donor profile software, knowledge management systems);
- Support the RO in translating business and system requirements in order to provide ICT solution;
- Transform stakeholders’ needs, expectations, constraints and interfaces into customer requirements.
- Perform analysis and detailed modeling;
- Maintain the RO web site and intranet.
Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues
- Elaborate, an ICT guidance note for procurement of ICT equipment;
- Provide advice to the procurement of new ICT equipment for the RO and Country Offices, by identifying technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review quotations and bids;
- Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Provide ICT support to key events, as required.
Provide technical support and advice to RO and Country Office and Programme Presence staff
- Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in RO/CO and programme presence countries experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues;
- Review and resolve all technical issues and incidents in a timely manner;
- Provide strategic advice and direction to COs and programme presence countries;
- Set up and ensure RO/CO staff have new email accounts;
- Ensure all ICT on-boarding requirements are met for new staff;
- Visit field offices; provide technical support and oversight in implementing ICT systems.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO/RO
- Identify and promote different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
- Organize and lead trainings for the CO/RO staff on ICT issues;
- Ensure staff training profiles and library of reference materials are maintained;
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
- Excellent PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning Software, SharePoint services and MOSS;
- Excellent knowledge of database packages;
- Excellent knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems;
- Ability to provide advice and guidance
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required
- Master degree in Computer Science is desirable
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilitie, knowledge of database packages
- Hands-on experience in problem identification and resolution of industry- standard hardware platforms;
Must have experience in:
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Office suite packages, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
supporting online video conferencing tools such as Zoom and MS Teams;
remote desktop computing support;
- provisioning Windows 10 computers using Microsoft Intune or disking imaging;
- supporting Wireless/LAN connectivity issues and network printers.
- Fluency in English and French is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Closing date : 3 January 2021.