Site Puma Energy
PUMA Energy recruits a Tax Manager.
- Effectively manage tax matters of the West African entities (Francophone countries) in line with the tax framework (processes, policies, procedures, etc.) defined by the Global Head of Tax
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities
Tax working capital – Cash flow and cost management
- Implement & integrate in tax control processes, regional tax cash flow system on all within tax scope receivables & payables.
- Work with & provide guidance to local finance teams to achieve material reduction of mainly indirect & direct tax receivables.
- Pre-actively monitor and follow up with local tax authorities (and consultant, where relevant) to push for full recovery of all submitted tax refund claims.
- Provide monthly feedback report explaining all material indirect tax movements in the tax balances for all the WAF entities for monthly tax receivables reporting.
Tax Reporting and Compliance (direct and indirect taxes)
- Liaise with local finance team in each country every month end to accurately review the monthly tax computations & ensure HFM validation as per agreed deadline in respect of monthly tax reporting of all the WAF operating entities.
- Ensure correct monthly accounting of VAT & other taxes in local accounts (including tax provisions, WHT, petroleum tax levies, etc) in Senegal and liaise with the finance team in other WAF countries to review same and provide feedback on the necessary reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of CIT returns for the WAF operations.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of VAT/Sales tax returns for the WAF operations.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of other local tax returns for the WAF operations.
Tax audits and legal tax proceedings
- Coordinate and follow up in consultation with regional/group tax until the close of the current & planned tax audits and investigations with the tax authorities and provide monthly feedback to regional/group tax on the progress.
- Take accountability for any follow up with the tax authorities in order to clear any query prior or during the tax audit process – this includes monthly review of the statement of account for the entities with the authorities and reconciling their tax receivables/payable status with the entities’ books.
- Ensure all financial & tax information for the WAF entities are saved in shared directory and available for reproduction if required by the tax authorities.
Tax planning & Tax risk management
- Keep abreast with new tax developments in the West African countries, particularly the direct/indirect tax changes impacting Puma downstream business in WAF.
- Ensure professional & productive working relationship with the tax administration of the WAF region.
- Monitoring implementation of tax benefits in respect of the inter-co recharges to local entities in WAF.
- Accurately follow up with the finance team of the WAF countries on an annual basis to ensure the review & completion of their tax meeting checklist form and monthly status review of the tax risk register for each entity of the WAF region.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Tax/Accounting/Law
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in Tax, preferably within a tax audit division of a tax administration.
- Good knowledge of mid & downstream oil & gas’ indirect taxes in the West
- Africa region would be an advantage
Skills & competencies
- High potential profile
- Team player with ability to deal effectively with non-tax people
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
- Exposure to working in a large taxpayer office of a tax administration and having a good acumen for business
- Can work independently with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in French language & Good command of English is a requirement.
- Ability to travel within the West Africa region.
Key Relationships and Department Overview
- Internal – Global Tax Team, Regional GM, CFO and Finance team
- External – Auditors, tax/legal advisers & tax authorities
Closing date : 31 July 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter trafigura.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.