GIZ is hiring a Technical Advisor IFF.
The Global Program Combating Illicit Financial Flows (GP IFF) implements a holistic follow the money approach covering prevention, financial investigation, and asset recovery on the national, regional, and global level. To this end, we support our partners in increasing their compliance with important international standards, such as those of the Financial Action Task Force aimed at anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT).
The Technical Advisor IFF Senegal is responsible for advising national counterparts from government and non-government agencies in line with the program’s approach. As part of the North and West Africa Hub and the global team of GP IFF, the advisor establishes links with activities on the regional and global level while working with partners in Senegal. Close coordination with other GIZ projects in Senegal in the fields of governance, trade, financial systems development, law enforcement, and others is required.
The Technical Advisor IFF position will be based in Dakar
The Technical Advisor is responsible for implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project
processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ ensuring that the project office runs smoothly.
The technical professional performs the following tasks:
- Management and coordination helps identify the needs of government institutions (CENTIF, law enforcement agencies, financial and non-financial sector, etc.) and NGOs and formulates project activities in support of the different partners and their work to combat illicit financial flows designs, implements and monitors programme plans and activities in close consultation with national counterparts such as the CENTIF, law enforcement agencies and the judiciary, while liaising with the GP IFF team and partners such as GIABA and ARINWA at the regional level.
- is jointly responsible with the partner institutions for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities connected with AML/CFT
- coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting project activities across hubs and carries out other activities required for achieving the intended results is responsible for elaborating terms of reference, preparing and following up on consultant contracts, including the relevant budget
- assists national and international consultants in carrying out their work on specific assignments and ensures quality control
- assists the project team with all organisational and management issues is an active part of the NWA hub under the supervision of the NWA team leader and regularly consults and coordinates with the rest of the GP IFF global team.
Communication and networking
- develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders
- maintains and reinforces a network of local and international AML/CFT experts ensures knowledge management: collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
Other duties/additional tasks
performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
University degree in either social and/or human sciences, economics, law or financial studies, preferably at Master’s level.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position ideally in development programmes. Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in the governance sector especially in anti-corruption; asset recovery, taxation, judiciary.
- Financial sector compliance and AML/CFT knowledge, as well as knowledge of regional FSRB will be an added advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision in an agile working environment.
- Proficient in spoken and written French and English (team language) Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment. Strong managerial, organisational, and social competence. Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
willingness to travel (abroad) regularly willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Letter of motivation
- Professional References
Application deadlines :
Completed applications should be sent by 30.11.2021 to:
email@example.com with the object of « NAME SURNAME Recruitment Technical Advisor IFF »
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the rest of the procedure.