PATH hiring Technical Assistant.
Join a team of IT and data management experts to perform a series of data analyses on GHSA project.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. PATH accelerates innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, PATH takes innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs.
PATH is leader in the use of new communication technologies and as such generates a significant amount of data which needs to be analyzed in real time.
Scope of responsibilities
- Participate in the program coordination with all activities related to DHIS2
- Support the implementation of DHIS2 in laboratory activities: Lab data, mapping and AMR
- Manage equipment and materials to ensure transfer of data
- Support the implementation of DHIS2 for surveillance: implementation of tracker
- provide technical support during biologists training in areas related to data collect, analysis, data processing
- Supervision on the field
- Participate in the conduct of training sessions for laboratories
- Assist the Local Technical Officer in the implementation of activities related to the Information System
- The Technical assistant will have the opportunity to join a team of professionals focused on better data analyses to support enhanced health impact
- The Technical assistant will be able to refine its knowledge and understanding of open-source IT tools used in the context of health.
- Strong team player
- Experience working with opensource software (DHIS2, ODK)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication in French
- Ability to administer a linux server
- An advanced degree in IT, software development or related field.
- Previous experience in working with open-source solutions
- Previous experience working in an NGO context preferred