Site Teranga Gold
Teranga Gold is searching to hire a Mobile Maintenance Superintendent.
Summary of Role
This is an Expatriate position, fly-in fly-out role: 8 weeks on / 4 weeks off roster with travel in company time to our Sabodala mine site in Senegal.
Teranga is a multi-jurisdictional West African gold company focused on production and development as well as the exploration of more than 6,400 km2 of land located on prospective gold belts. Since its initial public offering in 2010, Teranga has produced more than 1.5 million ounces of gold from its operations in Senegal, which as of June 30, 2018 had a reserve base of 2.5 million ounces of gold. Focused on diversification and growth, the Company is advancing its Wahgnion Gold Project in Burkina Faso towards delivering its second producing gold mine, as well as carrying out exploration programs in three West African countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal. The Company has 4.1 million ounces of gold reserves from its combined Sabodala Gold operations and Wahgnion Gold Project as of June 30, 2018. Teranga applies a rigorous capital allocation framework for its investment decisions to execute on its growth strategy relying on a combination of cash on the balance sheet, free cash flow from operations and debt.
Our Vision, Culture & Values
- We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
- We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
- Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
- We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access
Key Responsibilities of the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent
As the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for the safety and productivity of the Mobile Maintenance team. The primary purpose of the position will include the following:
- Deliver a safe and productive mobile maintenance section and maintain all equipment according to specifications and best industry maintenance practices.
- Achieve budget availabilities of the mobile maintenance fleet.
- Provide accurate maintenance reports, including daily availability, breakdown and daily service fleet status.
- Manage the activities of the mobile maintenance section.
- Develop, support and maintain the development program for all National employees.
- Promote process improvement activities by applying best standards.
- Overall management with regards to workflow and direction pertaining to all
- Heavy Mobile Equipment.
- Management of all systems to control costs and the approval of invoices and quotes.
- Budget management, compilation and control.
- Ensure that equipment history is kept up to date.
- Assist with planning of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Efficient staff management which include all areas of the operation.
- Set and management of a workable preventative component change out program.
- Oversee condition monitoring facility.
- Oversee the onsite operations and re-fueling of all equipment.
- Ensure that fuel facility is kept in good condition.
- Ensure that all support equipment is well maintained and managed.
- Responsible for all tyre management.
- Follow directions from Maintenance Manager.
- Responsible for liaison with all technical subcontractors and service providers on site.
Required Skills & Experience
- Possess a formal Maintenance / Mechanical qualification with experience in maintenance planning and various types of equipment
- Minimum of 15 years of experience maintaining mobile and mining equipment. 10 years’ experience managing a maintenance team in a developing country; preferably West Africa.
- Experienced using a CMMS to provide accurate prediction of future activities and costs.
- Pronto ERP experience will be preferred.
- Driver’s License.
- Project management experience.
- Strong communication skills in English (French is an asset) to effectively interact with employees.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated people management experience including ability to coach and mentor team members of diverse backgroundsAbility to train less experienced staff members
- Strong cultural sensitivity and appreciation for Senegalese culture
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.