Site International Organization for Migration ( IOM )
The International Organization for Migration is hiring a Project Manager.
Your Core Functions / Responsibilities at the IOM
- Manage the project’s regional implementation in all countries, in a timely manner, overseeing its financial, administrative and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Ensure proper coordination in the Country Offices and Sub-Offices with other awareness raising initiatives funded under European Union Trust Fund (EUTF), IOM X, or by other bi-lateral donors at country level, in terms of implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, data collection and information elaboration.
- Supervise all staff assigned to the project, as well as consultants recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
- Maintain strong partnerships with the donor, Government entities, Development Partners, other implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders.
- Prepare progress and other reports and monitor information exchange on all operational aspects of the project between IOM, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of new projects in awareness raising on irregular migration in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy.
- Participate in at relevant seminars and meetings, as well as other events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities.
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience about the Project Manager
- Master’s degree in Communications or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience in field communications and/or advocacy; or
- University degree in the above field with seven years of relevant professional experience in field communications and/or advocacy.
- Experience in project management, preferably in (digital) communication and/or awareness raising projects with a UN agency, or a regional or international organization;
- Operational and field experience in managing migration projects in the West Africa region is an asset, including project development, advocacy and awareness raising;
- Experience implementing similar community organizing, outreach, advocacy and/or awareness raising projects in Sub-Saharan countries;
- Experience in digital content creation;
- Relevant exposure to the complex social-political environment of the West Africa region;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written). Working knowledge Spanish is an advantage.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Pour postuler à ce poste, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant recruit.iom.int.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.