Site Save the Children
Save the Children International is hiring a Regional Security Intern.
The Safety & security intern will support the Regional Security Team in improving safety and security procedures and compliance with Save the Children standards. He/she will support on a daily basis the Safety & security regional Manager in his/her role.
The Regional Security Intern’s profile
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- High interest in safety & security, regional/national contexts follow-up/analysis
- Knowledge of national context and actors in countries
- Ability to draft reports, review documentation both in French/English
- Excellent level of communication both in French & English
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of the job.
- Excellent computer skills with solid knowledge of Microsoft software
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience in safety and security with an INGO is a plus
Contract length: 6 months renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Paid Internship – Full-Time
- Closing date: Thursday 19 September 2019
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified