The UNDP is hiring an Audit Specialist.
Your duties and responsibilities at UNDP
- As member of an audit team and under the supervision of the team leader, prepares/participates in the preparation of risk-based audit plans/programmes.
- Prepares working papers for review by the audit team leader.
- Drafts specific parts of audit reports for review by the team leader.
- Monitors the implementation of agreed recommendations and advises on problem areas.
- Participate in the annual review of HACT/NIM audit reports that covers projects implemented by either national institutions or non-governmental organizations. This includes:
- Review of annual HACT/NIM audit plans submitted by country offices;
- Qualitatively assess the HACT/NIM audit reports received;
- Assess country office follow-up action plans;
- Preparation of HACT/NIM review letters and supervision to consultants engaged in the HACT/NIM exercise.
- Participate in the annual exercise for the audit of projects directly implemented by UNDP. This includes:
- Review of annual DIM plan and support the preparation of RFP to external audit firms;
- Assess qualitatively and quantitatively proposals for audit services received from audit firms;
- Oversee the work by audit firms and provides clarifications to external audit firms;
- Assess draft and final reports produced by external audit firms;
- Assess the performance of the work performed by the audit firms
- As member of an audit team, conducts specific elements of the assignment in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policy guidelines.
- Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management practice.
- Documents findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the country offices on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement..
- Recommends actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Provide guidance and advice to country offices in respect of the HACT/NIM audit process.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief, conducts special assignments including management reviews, consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops.
- Undertakes frequent, and at times extended, missions to UNDP offices in the region, including to areas with hazardous working conditions
- Contributes to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI.
- Participates in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan.
- Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the RAC Chief or OAI Director.
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Social Sciences, Political Sciences or related field.
- A first level degree in combination with a certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation desirable.
- Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit.
- Working experience in an International Organization is desirable.
- Field experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Good working knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
Deadline for applications: 28 March 2019.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.
Pour postuler à cette offre, merci de cliquer sur le lien suivant : jobs.partneragencies.net.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com