The UNDP is hiring an Audit Specialist.
Your duties and responsibilities at UNDP
- As member of an audit team and under the supervision of the team leader, prepares/participates in the preparation of risk-based audit plans/programmes.
- Prepares working papers for review by the audit team leader.
- Drafts specific parts of audit reports for review by the team leader.
- Monitors the implementation of agreed recommendations and advises on problem areas.
- Participate in the annual review of HACT/NIM audit reports that covers projects implemented by either national institutions or non-governmental organizations. This includes:
- Review of annual HACT/NIM audit plans submitted by country offices;
- Qualitatively assess the HACT/NIM audit reports received;
- Assess country office follow-up action plans;
- Preparation of HACT/NIM review letters and supervision to consultants engaged in the HACT/NIM exercise.
- Participate in the annual exercise for the audit of projects directly implemented by UNDP. This includes:
- Review of annual DIM plan and support the preparation of RFP to external audit firms;
- Assess qualitatively and quantitatively proposals for audit services received from audit firms;
- Oversee the work by audit firms and provides clarifications to external audit firms;
- Assess draft and final reports produced by external audit firms;
- Assess the performance of the work performed by the audit firms
- As member of an audit team, conducts specific elements of the assignment in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policy guidelines.
- Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management practice.
- Documents findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the country offices on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement..
- Recommends actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Provide guidance and advice to country offices in respect of the HACT/NIM audit process.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief, conducts special assignments including management reviews, consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops.
- Undertakes frequent, and at times extended, missions to UNDP offices in the region, including to areas with hazardous working conditions
- Contributes to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI.
- Participates in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan.
- Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the RAC Chief or OAI Director.
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Social Sciences, Political Sciences or related field.
- A first level degree in combination with a certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation desirable.
- Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit.
- Working experience in an International Organization is desirable.
- Field experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Good working knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
Deadline for applications: 28 May 2019.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : jobs.partneragencies.net.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.