The UNFPA is recruiting a Humanitarian Response Specialist, Dakar, Senegal, WCARO.
- Level: P-4
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Closing date: 3 May 2019 – 5:00pm(New York time)
- Duty station: Dakar, Senegal
- Job ID: 22760
About the UNFPA
The Humanitarian Response Specialist is expected to be part of a programme of engagement with the political and technical arms of intergovernmental sub-regional and regional organizations, as well as with relevant sub-regional and regional NGOs, professional associations and international development agencies to get the gamut of humanitarian response issues, ICPD agenda and MDG goals into their focus, decisions and programmes, thus creating visibility for UNFPA. You will mainly ensure that the organization is able to respond effectively in situations of humanitarian crisis in the West & Central Africa region.
You will function out of the West & Central Africa regional office, within assigned the Humanitarian and Fragile Context Unit; and will liaise and collaborate with country offices, units at HQ (in particular: HFCB, RHCSB, IERD, PSB), with other UN agencies (ie: OCHA), and various inter-agency working groups, IASC regional working groups.
You will work under the overall leadership of the Regional Director and the supervision of the Deputy Regional Director.
The Humanitarian Response Specialist provides technical and programmatic support in the region and to Country Offices in all areas related to aspects of emergency preparedness, response and recovery, as this relates to the mandate of UNFPA, specifically situations that impact on sexual and reproductive health, gender and population and development. S/he helps to enhance the capacity of country offices, governments and civil society in preparing and addressing emergency and humanitarian situations.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree or equivalent in Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Demography, Gender, Economics, International Relations, International Development, Public Administration, Management or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience
- 7 years of work experience in the area of Reproductive Health, Gender, Population and Development;
- Programming experience in Population and Development, including Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, is desirable;
- Proven experience with Emergencies/Humanitarian Response;
- Experience in programme and/or technical assistance within the UN System;
- Field experience a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably Spanish, would be a plus.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.