Tostan is seeking a Proposal Writing Consultant.
Position: Proposal Writing Consultant
Department: Global Mobilization Team
Reports to: Global Partnerships Specialist, located remotely
Contract terms : The initial contract will cover one grant writing project to completion. Terms will be negotiated based on the project and the candidate. This will be eligible for renewal based on performance and the needs of the organization.
Proposal Writer and Researcher role
The Proposal Writing Consultant will work directly with the Global Partnerships Specialist and Project Manager to ensure Tostan produces quality proposals to target funders in a timely and organized fashion. They will understand audience and communities of support and practice related to Tostan’s mission.
The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to work effectively under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product under tight timelines. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record of identifying and securing new funding opportunities.
This role calls for the highest standard English communications – written and verbal – and a proficiency in French. Proposals may be written in both languages. It is an added bonus if you speak one or more national West African languages.
Your responsibilities at Tostan
- Prepare proposals and grant applications in English for various audiences including institutional, family and private foundations
- Steward Tostan’s communication strategy, target audiences, and thought leadership areas in all concept notes and proposals
- Liaise with programs and M&E staff to translate organizational solutions into proposals
- Research and analyze global trends and landscape to advance understanding of Tostan’s program areas and thought leadership areas, incorporate into proposals and organizational briefing notes
- Edit content for clarification and consistency with Tostan’s communications strategy and programmatic priorities with attention to audience and big picture strategy
- Understand and use proposal databases as needed
- Coordinate proposal development in collaboration with the Project Manager, including adhering to proposal schedule deadlines and ensuring that other teams and staff know and fulfill their responsibility to the deadline
Qualification and job criteria
- A very high standard placed on English language writing
- Advanced mastery of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid computer literacy
- Analytical and comfortable working with databases
- Comfortable working independently, remotely and in a team environment
- Commitment to the mission of Tostan
- Demonstrated experience writing institutional and private grants, concept notes, white papers, research papers and other content to support a mission based case for support
- Experience working as a consultant, meeting deliverable timelines, and billing and closing contracts accordingly
How to apply
Please send a CV and a Cover letter via email to email@example.com, with “Proposal Writing Consultant” in the subject line.
We are accepting applications until March 1st, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Tostan seeks to develop a pool of consultants to support according to organizational needs.The initial contract will cover one grant writing project to completion.
Terms will be negotiated based on the project and the candidate. This will be eligible for renewal based on performance and the needs of the organization.
Tostan is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful considerations of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.