UNICEF is recruiting a Human Resources Associate, GS6, WCARO
- Job no: 521384
- Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Location: Senegal
- Categories: Human Resources, Support: Operations, G-6
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives, defend their rights and help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For Every Child, hope
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. To learn more about UNICEF, visit www.unicef.org.
UNICEF West and Central Africa Regional Office (WCARO) is looking to fill a position of Human Resources Associate at GS6 level.
How can you make a difference?
Missions of the Human Resources Associate
Under the supervision of the Regional Chief of HR and in close collaboration with all members of the HR team, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following activities.
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining planning, monitoring and reporting tools to ensure timely processing of country office requests requiring the Regional Director’s endorsement and/or approval;
- Maintain regular communication with WCAR clients to update them on progress and/or decisions of their requests submitted for processing and or the Regional Director’s endorsement or approval using multiple communication tools (email, skype etc.);
- Maintain calendar of events to monitor key activities involving Human Resources section and also major deadlines to ensure timely delivery and avoid duplications;
- Contribute to results monitoring by developing and maintaining action tracker by consolidating HR action points from different meetings and follow-up with responsible persons to ensure actions are implemented within the deadlines;
- Coordinate the development and finalization of HR Workplans and indicators by updating and reviewing progress and final reports;
- Maintain an electronic filing system in SharePoint by uploading and retrieving files as requested;
- Assist in all HR related activities by working closely with country office HRBPs and HR focal points in the regional office;
- Perform any other professional duties assigned by Supervisor;
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, or related areas.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible human resources, experience required.
- Prior experience working in a UN system will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with HR tools and systems will be an asset
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. The organization also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Applications close: 28 Apr 2019 11:55 PM Greenwich Standard Time
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.
Pour postuler à cette offre, merci de cliquer sur le lien suivant : jobs.unicef.org.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com