UNICEF is recruiting a Senior Human Resources Associate GS7.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives, defend their rights and help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For Every Child, hope
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. To learn more about UNICEF, visit www.unicef.org.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this position is to assist in the design and implementation of Performance Management, Learning, and Career Development programs that address the needs of managers and staff at both Regional and Country Offices.
The Senior HR Associate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources to inform the content of performance management, learning and career development programs;
- Support Manager in tracking and reporting on indicators relating to and Ensure sharing of best practices, distribution of learning and training materials, organization of HR learning, training and briefing events, networking with other UN agencies and private institutions on work/family life matters and psycho-social services.
- Review country office reports to identify and share best practices in the areas of performance management, learning and career development;
- Assist in the planning, monitoring implementation and reporting of learning and career development programs, including learning budgets lea.
- Serve as member of the Regional Human Resources Development team secretariat
- Provide technical support to Country Offices on a broad range of HR functions e.g. performance Management, learning and career development
- Manage information systems on human resources, analyze and produce reports to inform management decisions.
Education and knowledge
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, or related areas.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible human resources, experience required.
- Prior experience working in a UN system will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with HR tools and systems will be an asset.
- Fluency in both French and English is required. Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form. Very good analytical and negotiation skills.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Analyzing (III)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. The organization also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 15 Apr 2019 Greenwich Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Apr 2019 11:55 PM Greenwich Standard Time
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.