International Crisis Group
The International Crisis Group is hiring a Volunteer intern, West Africa Project.
The International Crisis Group’s West Africa Project is looking for a full-time voluntary intern to assist its project director and analysts in their daily activities. This is a desk-based position that requires a natural flair for political analysis, flexibility, intelligence and hard work. The voluntary internship is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn about conflict analysis and advocacy work but also to gain a valuable experience in a high-profile international NGO.
The voluntary internship would suit a bilingual French/English candidate with a recent undergraduate or graduate degree in international relations, political science or related fields. The ideal candidate is someone seeking to gain experience in a fast-paced, international NGO working to prevent and resolve deadly conflict worldwide.
- Monitoring political and security-related developments in West Africa via online sources;
- Writing daily press roundups on countries covered by the project;
- Assisting in drafting monthly situation reports on countries covered by the project;
- Assisting in various research assignments, including conflict data analysis;
- Other administrative tasks as may be required.
- Good writing, research and organisational skills;
- Ability to summarise information;
- Fluency in verbal and written English and French; knowledge of other languages (among others Arabic, Hausa, Tamacheq, Portuguese) an asset;
- Experience in office management, administration and event organising an asset;
- Previous experience working in/on West Africa an asset.
If interested, please apply by October 6.