Site International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration hiring Website Developer Consultant.
- Ref: CFARO-HR-21-088
- Position : Website Developer consultant
- Organizational Unit : Awareness Raising Unit
- Duty Station : RO DAKAR
- IOM Classification : consultancy
- Type of Appointment : 6-month consultancy
- VN No. : CFARO-HR-21-088
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 6 May 2021
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
The Awareness Raising Unit at IOM’s Regional Office for West and Central Africa in Dakar implements innovative projects aimed at young people and aspirant migrants using a Communication for Development (C4D) approach. These projects (and project pillars) include IOM X Phase 3 and COMPASS.
A Website Developer consultant is required to support maintenance, updating and development of online platforms managed by the Awareness Raising Unit. Under the direct supervision of Head of Awareness Raising, the successful candidate will contribute to maximizing the functionality of, and accessibility to, various online platforms within the Unit for different target audiences. The consultant will be expected to work at least one day per week with the Awareness Raising Unit.
- Platform 1: WAKAwell.info: Test and improve functionality; ensure all plugins and hosting are updated; upload and update content as required; build new country sections as required; update user manual and train staff. (WordPress) 2. Platform 2: Yenna.org: Test and improve design and functionality; upload and update content as required. (WordPress)
- Platform 3: COMPASS: Conceptualize and build a new platform using IOM official template (Drupal), hosted on IOM servers, develop user manual and train staff.
- Completion of 70 hours of web development work: End of Month 1
- Completion of 70 hours of web development work: End of Month 2
- Completion of 70 hours of web development work: End of Month 3
- Completion of 70 hours of web development work: End of Month 4
- Completion of 70 hours of web development work: End of Month 5
- Completion of 70 hours of web development work: End of Month 6
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education : A university degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in website design and development;
- Proficient knowledge and experience using WordPress, Drupal and associated plug-ins;
- Proven experience in developing and testing digital communication tools;
- An eye for design and layout, with ability to use complete Adobe audio-visual design package and access to active licenses;
- Experience working on youth-related campaigns in West Africa is an asset; and
- Capacity to develop websites in French and English.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of one other language is an advantage, such as Arabic and/or other languages spoken in West and Central Africa, and Middle East and North Africa.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested internal and external candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on the subject line by ‘WD consultant’ by May 6,2021.
For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV, function email address and mobile number. Applications shall be addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line Website Developer consultant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org