IDinsight is hiring a West Africa Operations Manager.
African Nationals are encouraged to apply.
IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance.
Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide-range of cutting edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
Our diverse, growing team of over 150 outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more at www.IDinsight.org.
About the Operations Manager
The Operations Manager will work closely with the existing team of three; Regional Operations Director, Regional Operations Manager, and the Regional Operations Specialist, and will be based in Dakar. The Operations Manager will be responsible for:
Recruitment: The Operations Manager will spend 80% of their time managing the recruitment process in the Africa Region. This will involve:
- Proactive identification of candidates that match IDinsight’s desired skills for current or future recruitment. IDinsight is prioritizing growing our team of high-achieving teammates with robust professional experience and connections in local markets.
- Develop a recruitment strategy for the Africa Operations Team to meet its recruitment targets
- Support the Africa Operations Team with targeted outreach for recruitment of various positions at all levels in the different offices
- Support the hiring teams across the organization in drafting job descriptions and creating applications on our Applicant Tracking System
- Build and maintain strong network of potential candidates through proactive market research and ongoing relationship management
- Manage relationships with recruiting firms to find the best talent for senior-level positions
- Coordinate recruiting activities and events within the countries in which we work
- Improve current recruitment process in Africa to ensure streamlined, cost effective, and high-quality services are provided to candidates
- Supporting operations in the West and North Africa Region: The Operations Manager will work closely with the Regional Directors and Administrative Leads to:
- Support our operations in the Region and ensure that our offices in the Region are great places to work
- Problem solve critical operations issues
- Build processes and contribute to designing policies that enable the Region to function efficiently
- Passionate about global development and social impact
- University degree preferably in Business Administration, Sociology, Psychology, International Development, Human Resources, Communication, or equivalent degree
- 3-5 years of experience building and driving hiring initiatives in different countries in Africa
- Full life cycle recruiting experience of all levels in the development sector or other related industries
- Demonstrated track record as a self-started and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and workstreams
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail; the ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – a “people person” who can make connections immediately and is energized by meeting and engaging with new people
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Fluency in English and French
- Strong desire for professional growth and development with track record of openness to give and receive feedback
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed
How Nuts and bolts
This position will be based in Dakar, Senegal. Compensation is competitive with comparable social sector roles, and commensurate with experience and track record. Generous benefits package and flexibility, including health care coverage, annual round-trip travel reimbursement, a technology stipend, and a phone and data reimbursement. The application deadline is Sunday 19th September 2021.
How to Apply
Please click the « Apply for this job online » button at the top right. The application asks various questions in order for us to get to know you, and requires a CV and cover letter. Applications are due Sunday 19th September 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. More information, including spotlights of current and past IDinsighters, can be found online at IDinsight Careers. Any questions should be directed to careers@IDinsight.org. IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a diverse and supportive workplace.
Application deadline: 19th September 2021.