Citi is hiring a West and Central Africa Trader.
As a trader on the West & Central Africa Trading desk
- Quote XAF, XOF & CDF FX and Money Market & Fixed Income markets and manage trading book efficiently
- Provide price support in XAF, XOF, CDF and G10/EM markets to customer flow, corporate solutions and investor sales desk and capture maximum flows
- Explore trading opportunities in the West & Central region
- Undertake client visits in the region to explore the trading opportunities with FI and Corporate clients
- Regularly provide updated XAF, XOF and CDF market daily commentary and run on CitiFX Wire
This position sits within the West & Central Africa Trading team, which in turn forms part of CEEEMA Local Markets business.
Citi Trading works in close coordination with both Onshore and Offshore clients and provides pricing support on XAF, XOF & CDF FX and Rates
- Achieve profit target by trading XAF, XOF & CDF FX and Interest Rate Products
- Maintain the bank as a top FX and rates market maker in West & Central Africa Market
- Risk Management in risk taking position
- Provide pricing services to front line business units and various sales teams across the globe
- Provide market information to facilitate business strategies
- Enhance FX franchise development.
- Good understanding in financial markets and treasury operations
- Good understanding of the West & Central Africa, including Democratic Republic of Congo, regulatory environment.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and French
- Good presentation, negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in professional computer applications
Bachelor degree or above, preferably with major in Economics, Finance or related discipline
- Prompt reaction to market/ regulatory changes
- Able to work under pressure
- Decisive, mature, professional and objective when dealing with others
- Focused, results-oriented and able to get things accomplished
- Flexibility – the desk works from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm and will need the candidate to work in shifts
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter citi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.