Pact is recruiting a Chief of Party – South Africa.
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team for Asia Eurasia, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact is recruiting a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming CDC-funded program, Combination Prevention Solutions to Reach Epidemic Control among High Risk, Priority Populations in High Burden Areas in the Republic of South Africa under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), due November 14th, 2018. The program seeks to improve the effectiveness and quality of HIV prevention programs and decrease the burden of HIV and TB among AGYW contributing to the prevention, care, support, treatment, and sustainability goals of the Partnership Framework Implementation Plan (PFIP). PEPFAR partners in collaboration will, on a large scale, support the South African Government’s goals to address HIV incidence among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) to achieve an AIDS-free generation, with concentrated evidence-based efforts, rollout of oral Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), and assist with scale up efforts to reach AGYW.
The COP will provide technical leadership, operational, and financial oversight for the project and will serve as the primary liaison with CDC, the Government of South Africa, and relevant project stakeholders. The COP is responsible for achieving the project’s vision and strategy, directing the entire project team and managing the critical relationships with local and international partners and other key stakeholders in close coordination with partners and CDC. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide overall management, strategic direction, and leadership to the project to achieve expected project results within budget and timeframe.
- Manage implementation of project objectives and assure high quality deliverables.
- Provide exemplary leadership to ensure effective integration of program implementation among partner organizations.
- Forge new alliances with stakeholders at the national, provincial, district and site level, including potential new investors HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment.
- Responsible for strategic and operational planning, including timely preparation of the annual work plan, project and financial reports.
- Maintain a strong and wide network with key partners and stakeholders and ensure that the project is represented on appropriate steering and advisory groups.
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management and procurement systems and ensure that they are in line with Pact policies and procedures and CDC rules and regulations.
- Serve as the principal liaison with CDC. Responsible for reporting program results to CDC, and cultivating and maintaining a positive relationship with CDC staff.
- Supervise and mentor project staff.
- Ensure compliance with CDC, USG and local laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as required to achieve the Program Objectives and Expected Results.
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or other relevant field; Medical degree desired.
- At least 10 years of senior-level management experience of projects and programs in combination HIV/AIDS prevention and early interventions or integrated health service delivery, including experience working with AGYW.
- Demonstrated experience with similarly complex CDC projects in African countries, involving coordination with multiple programs, and partner institutions. Preference for experience in South Africa.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing interdisciplinary and diverse teams.
- Strong communications skills, including interpersonal and well-written and oral English, to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Ability to navigate politically sensitive terrain and maintain constructive relationships at all levels.
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Deadline : November 30th, 2018.
Pact is recruiting a Chief of Party – South Africa
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.