Save the Children recruits a Child Protection Advisor – Mali
Save the Children International is a ‘dual mandate’ organisation that seeks to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and create lasting change in children’s lives. The Child Protection Advisor is a member of the PDQ team; his/her role is ensuring that all child protection interventions are of a high technical quality, that monitoring processes are in place, that high quality timely reporting occurs, and that the programme quality and relevance is continually assessed and solutions quickly put in place for a change of context. Current thematic priorities include child protection systems and structures in emergencies and post-conflict situations; psychosocial support and child resilience; prevention of sexual and gender based violence and physical and humiliating punishment, ending child marriage. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will have:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Social Work, Human Rights or relevant field
- Extensive experience, progressively responsible, working in child protection programming, preferably in West Africa
- Extensive experience in building strong child protection systems and in delivering services to children in emergencies
- Proven track record of effective fundraising with major donors
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and French
- Experience in both development and humanitarian sector preferred.
- Excellent understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation processes and methodologies – with specific technical trainings in these areas.
- Proven representation and advocacy skills.
- Familiarity with key international standards for humanitarian work (e.g. CP Minimum Standards, SPHERE, HAP Principles, etc.).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
Location : Bamako – Mali
Contract duration : 1 year
The Organisation : Save the Children
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Closing date: 9 Dec 2018